Volunteer: Technical Writer, Documentation Specialist - This is a remote role (within the US)
Join the We Vote Movement
We Vote has an open volunteering position for a Technical Writer, Documentation Specialist
(~2 hours per week) who wants to use their existing skills and learn new skills, while helping strengthen American Democracy.
We Vote is a nonpartisan get-out-the-vote nonprofit startup, and a celebrated
What You’ll Do
- Work with our 8 person project management team to update/edit existing team handbooks used by We Vote's 13 existing teams:
- Community Outreach, Product Design, Donor Management, Engineering / QA, Marketing Strategy, Marketing Social, Marketing Branding, Newsletter Team, Analytics & Ads, Research Team, Political Data Collection, Internship Program, Recruiting
- Join various team meetings, learn our systems, and capture descriptions about how to do various tasks for new volunteers
- Support our political data team by learning how we capture political endorsements (from across the political spectrum), and improving that documentation
- Help us finish a first draft of our Volunteering Handbook
- Document protocols for responding/reacting to what is happening on social media
- Craft pre-canned responses to requests for support from voters, candidates, and political endorsers
- Work within We Vote content guidelines, leverage our existing assets and create new assets
Who you are: Must haves.
- At least 1-2 hours each week during our core team hours M-F 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- You want to work with an established and successful team. You are committed to strengthening American Democracy.
- You are striving for personal excellence.
- A willingness to work with and support other volunteers
- You are currently located in the US and can work one or two hours that overlap with US PT per week.
Not Required, But Nice To Have.
- If you have more than 2 hours to volunteer each week, there are other ways you can get involved with We Vote
What You’ll Gain
You will have the opportunity to touch the lives of millions of Americans, and be part of a movement and product that will receive national attention. You’ll gain an opportunity to grow within the We Vote movement and meet other volunteers who are like minded and interested in building a valuable application to empower voters across the United States. You’ll also gain valuable technical skills, have opportunities for leadership development, and expand your personal and professional network.
Powered by JazzHR