As the Executive Assistant with this Government Relations Firm, you will be the go-to person for your team when it comes to managing calendars, coordinating travel arrangements, and planning company-wide events. In addition to managing schedules and event planning, you will work closely with the Executive Team to perform detailed research, support business development efforts, and prepare request for proposals. Because this role is first and foremost a support role – the successful candidate must be comfortable managing busy executive’s calendars and planning large events for the firm. This is an excellent opportunity for an Executive Assistant who loves calendar management, but would like to take on special assignments and projects on the side.
About the Job:
- Plan and organize company-wide events (receptions, fundraisers, meet and greets, etc.).
- Effectively and tactfully manage the executive’s calendar and schedules.
- Perform detailed research and position analysis on Congressional hearings and legislation.
- Assist with business development efforts and prepare presentations for request for proposals.
- Contribute and distribute a weekly newsletter and prepare real-time analytics for click-through rates.
- Support billing processes and prepare expense reports.
About the Culture:
- Nationally recognized as “Best in Class” law firm.
- Competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Experienced. You have your Bachelor’s degree and five or more years’ experience in an Executive Assistant or similar support role.
- Proud to be an EA. Whether it’s preparing a detailed travel itinerary or juggling multiple projects, the Executive Assistant role is where you feel happiest.
- Poised. You have a confident, polite demeanor when communicating with senior executives.
- Run the gamut. To you, variety is the spice of life – being in charge of many projects and jobs sounds like an exciting challenge.
- Interest in government. Because you’ll be working in Government Relations, an interest in legislation and public policy is beneficial.
Essential to Hawthorne Lane’s success is our ability to attract talent from a range of backgrounds. Our network reflects the diverse community around us, and we believe in a workplace where everyone feels valued and empowered to succeed. Applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
If your qualifications match the criteria for our open positions, then you should hear from someone from our team within 5-7 business days. If you would like to follow up, we encourage you to call us at 202-753-5070.