- Department: Human Resources
- Status: Non-Exempt, Full Time
- Location: On-site, Downtown Los Angeles
- Schedule: Monday to Friday
- Pay Rate: $20-$28 per hour
Join a growing non-profit healthcare organization that is committed to supporting and solidifying a flourishing workplace culture! Eisner Health recognizes the need for employees to feel respected, connected, and celebrated for their unique contributions, perspectives, and compassionate influence on underserved communities and their fellow employees! The Employee Engagement Specialist will have a direct and positive impact on ensuring healthy and equitable work environments for essential front-line workers, support/admin staff, and their leadership. This position allows for the selected candidate to build and support a meaningful program that spans across all levels of the organization by collaborating with the Human Resources and Leadership teams. This position supports a creative and energetic candidate who will have access to constructive mentorship and the necessary resources to effect change. Reporting to the Human Resources Director, the Employee Engagement Specialist will develop, deliver, and communicate programs, policies, practices, and training that address matters related to employee engagement initiatives. This role will also serve as a consultant to team members and leadership on the development and implementation of culturally responsive, differentiated, and equitable practices. Along the way, you will also enjoy access to our exceptional employee benefits package, be welcomed by a warm & supportive team, and experience opportunities for growth in a healthcare setting.
Essential Job Duties:
- Create, implement, and maintain initiatives that increase employee engagement and support diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Support Eisner Health’s Leadership Team in providing counsel around organizational practices that increase employee engagement and create a culture of inclusiveness.
- In collaboration with the Talent Acquisition Manager and HR Leadership, improve effectiveness and success in recruiting and retaining staff.
- Organize and lead an employee council, utilizing feedback to enhance the employee experience.
- Research employee engagement survey vendors and spearhead survey efforts for maximum responsiveness and employee participation.
- Utilize Engagement Survey results to roll out programs and training on both the macro and micro levels.
- Plan, implement and maintain employee recognition and rewards programs.
- Develop a comprehensive, targeted, and streamlined communications strategy to meet employee engagement objectives, including creating and editing a monthly Employee Newsletter.
- Research and recommend programs and benefits that will increase employee satisfaction.
- Track, announce, and remind staff of student loan grants and deadlines. Be the point of contact for Student Loan Relief Programs.
- Plan, implement, and lead employee engagement events, including the Annual All Staff Benefits and Wellness Fair, Holiday Programs, Job Title/Recognition Days, and other morale-boosting events.
- Assist in creating a unified Eisner Health culture that spans both geographic and departmental challenges.
- Work with the HR leadership team in facilitating workshops focused on professional growth and development opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Human Resources or a related field.
- Two or more years of experience as an engagement specialist or similar role.
- Extensive knowledge of employee engagement and organizational best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Experience in a healthcare environment preferred.
- Ability to speak Spanish preferred.
- Low-cost Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance with PPO & HMO options
- Robust Paid Time Off Program (23 day accrued per year)
- 9 Paid Holidays Per Year
- Paid Jury Duty Time (40 hours per year)
- Employer-Sponsored Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Employer Sponsored Chiropractic & Acupuncture Visits
- 401k with a 3% Employer Contribution
- Transportation and Parking Subsidies
- Tuition Reimbursement ($500 per year)
- Eligible for Annual Performance Based Increases
- Health Savings Account with a $1,000 Employer Contribution for the High Deductible Medical PPO Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts for Healthcare, Dependent Care, and Transportation.
- Educational Tuition Reimbursement (up to $500 per year)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eisner Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Eisner Health does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, right to reproductive freedom, or status as a covered veteran.