Explore your passion with us!
Founded in 1988, Child Development Schools is headquartered in Austin, TX operating over 260 childcare centers in 11 states. Our three early childhood education brands are Childcare Network, Sunrise Preschools, and My Small Wonders. We proudly provide quality care and developmental education to over 30,000 children aged six weeks to twelve years.
We have a great opportunity for a Chief of Staff to join our growing company!
The Chief of Staff plans and directs all administrative, financial, and operational activities for the organization's President, CEO or other Chief Officers/Executives. Organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the executive(s) to facilitate efficient decision making. Acts as a point of contact or gatekeeper between top management and other stakeholders. Collaborates with business leaders to gain alignment on the execution of baseline business, strategic, and infrastructure priorities. Provides oversight and guidance to projects of high importance. Serves as an advisor to the Chief Officers on key issues. Acts as a key player in driving the development of all aspects of the organization’s strategy.
This position can be located onsite in Austin, TX or San Antonio, TX.
- Provide maximum leverage focusing on time management, meeting preparation and prioritization of activities
- Set quarterly plans for priorities, actively source meetings that reflect these priorities and manage inbound requests based on plans
- Develop strong, trust-based relationships with key cross-functional leaders and employees at all levels
- Attend meetings with Chief Officers to ensure execution of plans; represent Chief Officers in meetings in their absence
- Coordinate strategic and operating routines and tracking KPIs to ensure delivery of results
- Manage internal and external communication by partnering with the communications team on company newsletter articles, reports, announcements, speeches, and presentations on behalf of Chief Officers
- Act as key point of contact and owner of the Strategic Planning process serving as project manager while ensuring alignment with Chief Officers and leadership team
- Partners with leaders to set strategic priorities and identify areas where Chief Officers should direct their focus as well as metrics for success (reviewing metrics regularly)
- Manage Chief Officers time and opportunities, ensuring Chief Officers achieve deadlines and drive strategies
- Prepares Chief Officers for upcoming meetings by providing all pertinent information/data to be productive and engaged
- Create and shape presentations for leadership in support of business initiatives
- Coordinate agendas for approval before leadership team and board meetings
- Support the organization of company retreats, conferences, and other special events
- Oversee large, cross-functional, organization-wide projects or initiatives
- Partner with HR on the hiring process for leadership roles reporting to Chief Officers
- Highlight industry trends that should be considered and evaluated
- May be responsible for the management of executive support staff
- 10-12 years of demonstrated relevant experience in a fast-paced, complex organization
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- Cultivating and managing relationships across business(es)
- Fundamental understanding of business, industry and trends
- Strong financial acumen, research and analytical skills to cover a wide range of business and technology areas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solid problem-solving skills
- Excellent ability to distill insights and look for opportunities
- Must have a desire to learn how the entire organization functions and the key drivers for success in every area
- Proficiency with Microsoft Suite