Come Join Our Team! DKW Communications, Inc. (DKW) is a government contractor providing professional and technical services to various government agencies i.e. defense, law enforcement and security. DKW was recently named a Top Workplace in Washington Post Top Workplaces Culture Excellence Awards, and we are seeking talented individuals to join our winning team!
DKW is currently looking for a Technical Editor/Writer to support our team. The individual hired for this position will provide support to our government customer located in Washington, DC.
The Technical Writer/Editorwill support the policy division of USAID ADS. The candidate would be responsible for:
· Editing policy documents according to the client's style guide.
· Occasionally, creating and writing new content for a policy newsletter.
· Performing daily research for a policy newsletter
· Acting as a back-up for other team members in an editorial capacity.
· Working independently on assignments and meeting tight deadlines.
· MUST be a US citizen and able to obtain a Secret security clearance
· 5 years of document content editing experience (not just proofreading)
· Excellent customer service skills
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
· Team player but able to work independently
· Ability to multi-task
· Comfortable learning new technology
· Currently has an active Secret clearance
· 5 years of writing experience
· Editing or writing experience with the federal government
WHAT WE OFFER
· Competitive annual salary
· Flexible Paid Time off
· Competitive Benefits Package
· Training and Certification opportunities
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.**