Position: Contract with potential for full-time conversion
About Dewey Smart
Founder: Michael Gao
Number of Admin Staff: 3
Number of Mentors: 36
Dewey Smart (deweysmart.com) is a B2C education technology company that provides personalized tutoring, enrichment, and college admissions counseling services to high school students. Our platform connects students with college students from top schools for mentorship from freshman year of high school to freshman year of college and beyond.
About the role
Dewey Smart values outcomes over process. This position will focus on measuring and improving the following outcomes:
- Lead Volume and Quality -- This role will be in charge of identifying new revenue streams to reach more potential customers.
How does Dewey Smart find customers today?
- Marketplace listings (ie Thumbtack)
- Word of mouth
- Have previously tried Facebook/Instagram/Google Search without great success
What will you work on?
- Develop and test hypotheses for scalable increasing lead volume and quantity
- Iterating on landing pages, emails, ad copy, and more
- Experimenting with a broad range of channels, including PPC, SEM, content marketing, paid newsletter and podcast sponsorships, affiliate marketing, etc.
- Analyzing and reporting on the effectiveness of demand generation campaigns and making recommendations for improvement
Who are you?
- Interested in a fast-paced, early-stage startup environment
- Comfortable with ambiguity and taking ownership in the face of uncertainty
- Have worked at a B2C education company previously