Who we are
Collaborative. Respectful. A place to dream and do. These are just a few words that describe what life is like at Toyota. As one of the world’s most admired brands, Toyota is growing and leading the future of mobility through innovative, high-quality solutions designed to enhance lives and delight those we serve. We’re looking for diverse, talented team members who want to Dream. Do. Grow. with us.To save time applying, Toyota does not offer sponsorship of job applicants for employment-based visas or any other work authorization for this position at this time.
Who We’re Looking For
Toyota’s Legal Department (Toyota Legal One, or TL1) is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Legal Administrative Assistant.
The primary responsibility of this role is to support the Labor & Employment Advocacy & Partnership (LEAP) Group, supporting 11 lawyers and 2 paralegals. LEAP handles the labor, employment, immigration, trade secrets, and benefits work for TMNA/TFS in the US.
Reporting to the Assistant General Counsel, the person in this role will support TL1 and the LEAP Group’s objective to provide a high level of services and client support.What You’ll Be Doing
What You Bring
- Litigation support (check requests, including TFS First Year Severance Payouts, EPLI forms, litigation reports for Risk).
- Department administration including scheduling, meeting support including ordering meals, booking conferences and taking minutes, booking travel, and preparing expense reports.
- Document preparation including A3s, and immigration travel letters.
- Assistance with budget management, including bill paying, budget support, and simple budget analysis.
- Basic ad hoc IT support for boomer lawyers.
- The role also requires communicating with outside counsel.
- Maintain the Immigration Letter Support Site and the Labor & Employment website content.
- Serves as the Editor for the LEAP monthly newsletter.
- Supports the TL1 Diversity Committee.
- Support the HR investigations team in gathering documents and scheduling interviews.
- Provide backup administrative support for the General Counsel.
- Oversee the settlement check request processes, including accurate entry in matter management systems, and follow up with outside counsel as needed.
- Prepare communications such as transmittal documents, and process incoming and outgoing mail.
- Perform various other administrative support as requested (scheduling meetings, preparing reports, etc.).
Added bonus if you have
- Experience in administrative support, including document and matter management systems and databases.
- Strong ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage high-volume work, including supporting multiple individuals.
- Strong ability to work independently, take initiative, and proactively communicate with your team.
- Demonstrated experience dealing with highly confidential matters.
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong sense of inclusion and teamwork.
- Strong customer focus and interpersonal skills.
What We’ll Bring
- Experience in legal administrative support.
- Experience supporting litigation teams and litigation case managers.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
During your interview process, our team can fill you in on all the details of our industry-leading benefits and career development opportunities. A few highlights include:
Belonging at Toyota
- A work environment built on teamwork, flexibility, and respect.
- Professional growth and development programs to help advance your career, as well as tuition reimbursement.
- Vehicle purchase & lease programs.
- Comprehensive health care and wellness plans for your entire family.
- Flextime and virtual work options (if applicable).
- Toyota 401(k) Savings Plan featuring a company match, as well as an annual retirement contribution from Toyota regardless of whether you contribute.
- Paid holidays and paid time off.
- Referral services related to prenatal services, adoption, childcare, schools, and more.
- Tax-Advantaged Accounts (Health Savings Account, Health Care FSA, Dependent Care FSA).
Our success begins and ends with our people. We embrace diverse perspectives and value unique human experiences. Respect for all is our North Star. Toyota is proud to have 10+ different Business Partnering Groups across 100 different North American chapter locations that support team members’ efforts to dream, do and grow without questioning that they belong. As a company that has been one of DiversityInc’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity and a member of The Billion Dollar Roundtable supporting minority and woman-owned suppliers for over 10 years, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer that celebrates the diversity of the communities where we live and do business.
Applicants for our positions are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, religion, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by law.
Have a question or need assistance with your application? Please send an email to email@example.com.