**Must be based in the San Francisco Bay Area**
The Bay Planning Coalition (BPC) is excited to announce that we are hiring a new Policy & Operations Associate to join our team. This is an exciting position for someone dedicated to strengthening the San Francisco Bay Area's economic vitality and environmental health.
Founded in 1983, BPC is a 501(c)(4) non-profit, membership-based organization representing a broad spectrum of regional businesses and government agencies committed to strengthening the economic vitality and environmental health within the San Francisco Bay and its watershed. BPC represents over 40 decades of groundbreaking work to achieve a balanced, collaborative, and common-sense approach to the San Francisco Bay and Delta’s environmental permit and planning process. BPC seeks an enthusiastic team player willing to go the extra mile to achieve BPC’s mission. The Policy & Operations Associate will report to the Policy & Business Operations Director.
- Bachelor’s or Associate’s Degree (with two years of work experience) specializing in Political Science, Environmental Science, Business, or another related field.
- Understanding regional and state regulatory and legislative processes and their implementation in the Bay-Delta region.
- Knowledge of or interest in water, maritime, transportation, environmental, and/or public policy.
- Well organized, detail-oriented, and efficient.
- Comfortable working with a diverse membership.
- Experience with marketing and networking.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and oral) with BPC members, partners, government, and regulatory agency staff.
- Ability to work under little to no supervision.
- Technical proficiencies desired: Outlook, Microsoft Suite, Constant Contact, Canva
Policy Research and Advocacy
- Identify emerging policy issues relevant to BPC’s members and track and analyze these bills and regulations throughout the legislative and regulatory processes.
- Collaborate on developing comment letters and public testimony to regional, state, and federal agencies and state legislature regarding regulations and legislation.
- Create and send a twice-weekly email to BPC members regarding updates from the California Legislature during the legislative session.
- Develop, coordinate, and provide staffing assistance for BPC’s educational events: expert briefings, workshops, and conferences ranging in size from 40-200 people.
- Create event print and media materials, including event signup pages, programs, and printed agendas.
Marketing and Outreach
- Manage email marketing schedule to spread the word about BPC initiatives, events, and committee meetings, including a monthly e-newsletter.
General Office Management
- Assist BPC staff, committee chairs, and the Executive Committee in organizing quarterly Board of Directors and committee meetings.
- Manage office operations, including answering general email inquiries and coordinating meetings for BPC staff.
- Perform other duties in support of the Bay Planning Coalition.
Hours: Full-time, salaried position (40 hours/week). Flexible start date.
Location: This is a REMOTE position but must be Bay Area-based—weekly meetings with members and stakeholders in San Francisco and Oakland.
Compensation: $55,000 - $68,000, commensurate with experience. Benefits include a health insurance stipend, 401(k) retirement plan, flexible PTO, and sick days.
To apply: Please submit a resume and brief Statement of Interest (200-300 words) to BPC Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
BPC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage diversity in the workplace without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status, or any other basis covered by appropriate law.