The Manager of Digital Media works with the Director of Development and Advocacy department to 1) increase awareness of the Coalition, its mission and accomplishments by actively pursuing new social media and website strategies; 2) attract supporters, donors, advocates, and volunteers with strong, dynamic written and visual content; and 3) further the advocacy and programmatic goals of the Coalition through effective utilization of digital media, including the organization’s website, email, social media, and any other new media and digital mechanisms.
Cover letter required for consideration.
QUALIFICATIONS: Requirements include a BA or equivalent experience with a minimum of two years of experience in communications and digital media; superior knowledge of social media, design, blogging, photo sharing, video sharing tools, platforms, and applications; highly motivated and creative; excellent interpersonal and writing skills; strong analytical and critical thinking skills; basic understanding of web design and content management systems; familiarity with emerging trends in the tech, nonprofit, and social enterprise spaces; proficiency in macOS, Microsoft Office, Canva, and Adobe Creative Suite products; and ability to work independently. Knowledge of Google and social media analytics, Slack, Salesforce, and Salesforce Marketing Cloud recommended. Familiarity with New York City and New York State budget and legislative processes helpful. A strong social conscience and experience with issues of housing, poverty, and social justice strongly desired.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Manager of Digital Media shall:
1. Facilitate the Coalition’s online presence by actively maintaining the website via WordPress on a daily basis so it is accurate, up-to-date, attractive, thorough, and functional.
2. Monitor all social media platforms by engaging in social listening, reviewing daily news, and producing content reports to the Director of Development and Advocacy staff.
3. Draft and publish daily tweets (and other content, as necessary) to keep the Coalitions’ social media up to date. 4. Ensure the development, production, testing, and delivery of email communications by required deadlines. Draft, edit, and proof all submitted copy to ensure accuracy, readability, and consistency with Coalition email policies.
5. Draft, design, produce, and program a multi-platform social media content that reinforces and enhances the Coalition’s email, print, and online initiatives.
6. Attend staff meetings with Advocacy and Development departments on a weekly basis or as needed in order to facilitate collaboration, discuss goals and objectives, and evaluate ongoing progress.
7. Plan, draft, and create compelling content for website, social media, and other printed and digital materials.
8. Draft and edit blogs, newsletter articles, website content, and other related publications.
9. Respond quickly to breaking news, in conjunction with the Advocacy team and communication consultants, to post statements, press releases, and other digital content.
10. Advance online video presence through the production and editing of videos.
11. Work with the Director of Development to manage outside vendors related to communications, technological development, and video material.
12. Organize and maintain the digital database of photographs, video, and other digital assets, and work with Programs and Advocacy staff to build the Coalition’s catalog of media.
13. Take photos at advocacy, direct service, and fundraising events.
14. Track and report on website, email, and social media analytics. Follow trends and develop strategies to increase engagement.
15. Assist and manage other print productions and mailings, as needed, including editing, design, and photography.
16. Perform all other duties as may be assigned by the Director of Development, Advocacy department or designee.
REPORTS TO: Director of Development