Be part of a team that unleashes the power of leading-edge technologies to help improve the health and well-being of those most vulnerable in our country and communities. Working at HMS , a Gainwell Company carries its rewards. You’ll have an incredible opportunity to grow your career in a company that values work flexibility, learning, and career development. You’ll add to your technical credentials and certifications while enjoying a generous, flexible vacation policy and educational assistance. We also have comprehensive leadership and technical development academies to help build your skills and capabilities.
HMS, a Gainwell Technologies Company
HMS is hiring Publication Specialists for the Alaska MMIS Fiscal Agent contract. Publication Specialists assist in researching, editing, and proofreading medical billing policy for use in documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications. They work with the Training team in the creation of internal and external training materials, and updates quarterly. They also work with internal teams for the creation and update of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). The Publication Specialists develop and disseminates communications to members, providers, and the client once approved by leadership and/or the client. They create and post communications for members and providers to the web portal. They will assist with the creation of a newsletter, track communications to a log, and provide a monthly update to leadership and the client.
Your role in our mission
- Assists in researching, editing, and proofreading medical billing policy for use in documents such as manuals, procedures, and specifications that will be shared with the public as well as client stakeholders.
- Collaborates with technical personnel, as well as non-technical staff to refine draft materials.
- Uses a variety of resources to gather and research previous documentation for reference in creating drafted materials.
- Coordinates multiple projects on various deadlines and escalates issues in a timely manner.
- Attends meetings with client and stakeholders and contributes to project development.
- Tracks communications and reports on activity monthly.
What we're looking for
- Two or more years of technical writing or publications experience. Experience working with industry writing style such as grammar, sentence form, and structure.
- Experience working with desktop publishing, word processing, and on-line documentation software.
- Excellent communication skills for interacting with peers, leadership, and the client and proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to convert technical knowledge into easily understood terms.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Ability to adapt to changes in processes as they occur.
What you should expect in this role
- Must be an in Alaska, but may work in our Anchorage, AK office, from home, or hybrid schedule.
- This is further discussed during the interview.
The pay range for this position is $82,300.00 - $117,600.00 per year, however, the base pay offered may vary depending on geographic region, internal equity, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. Put your passion to work at HMS , a Gainwell Company . You’ll have the opportunity to grow your career in a company that values work flexibility, learning, and career development. All salaried, full-time candidates are eligible for our generous, flexible vacation policy, a 401(k) employer match, comprehensive health benefits , and educational assistance. We also have a variety of leadership and technical development academies to help build your skills and capabilities.
We believe nothing is impossible when you bring together people who care deeply about making healthcare work better for everyone. Build your career with HMS , a Gainwell Company , an industry leader. You’ll be joining a company where collaboration, innovation, and inclusion fuel our growth. Learn more about HMS , A Gainwell Technologies Company at our company website and visit our Careers site for all available job role openings.
HMS, a Gainwell Company is committed to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We celebrate diversity and are dedicated to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.