Roar Media, is a digital-first, full-stack marketing-communications agency. The INC. 5,000 agency is ranked this year by the South Florida Business Journal as the largest and fastest-growing PR firm in South Florida as well as one of the region’s top 100 private companies, and has an exciting full-time opportunity for a talented Sr. media relations professional.
Roar Media combines traditional public relations and media relations with advanced digital marketing programs, including social media, influencer and search marketing, to help a diverse roster of clients nationally and internationally.
The ideal candidate would work on local regional, national and international media relations programs for leading companies and firms in the following industries: travel and leisure, consumer packaged goods, real estate, technology; legal services, financial services and other professional services.
Ideal candidates must be able to work individually and as part of a team, develop and implement strategic communications and media relations programs and perform assigned tasks and activities in high-quality manner with a positive, professional attitude.
Candidates will have at least 4 years of experience working in the public relations field in the agency or client side. Journalism experience and bilingual command of Spanish as well as are a plus.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages, medical and dental insurance, and an excellent 401(k) program with a generous 5% employer match, annual bonus, cost of living adjustments, flex-time, as well as lots of paid vacation time and other perks including company outings and events. Paid time off also includes the holiday break from Christmas through New Years.
We believe in the importance of having a strong, motivated, happy team, and for that reason we go the extra mile to cultivate a positive, rewarding, fun work environment and company culture.
Activities and Deliverables:
- Developing and implementing sound and effective PR, media relations and communications strategies
- Pitching the news media and securing positive publicity for clients, as well as maintaining a steady and consistent presence in targeted media outlets
- Drafting and editing content including news releases, media advisories, website copy, email newsletter copy, social media posts, etc.
- Providing clients with strategic counsel and guidance related to their participation in media interviews, speaking engagements, crisis communications and other marketing-related activities
- Researching, developing, implementing and managing projects
- Maintaining clear and consistent communications between members of the news media and the Roar Media account services team
- Collaborating with team members across the firm’s varied areas of specialization, including client services, digital marketing, social media and creative services
- Providing key account insight and feedback to upper management and partnering with them closely on key account decisions and strategies
- Overseeing development and/or developing account infrastructure, including onboarding and offboarding accounts, research and media lists
- Planning and coordinating activities, including speaking engagements, conferences, events, and trade shows, for clients
- Establish meaningful metrics and leverage tools to actively monitor, measure and report on media relations impact, as well as generate ongoing reporting, audits and analysis
- Collaborating with designated to teams to support new business development and new client pitches
- Traveling to client meetings when needed
- Proven media relations and media outreach experience
- Experience using PR and media relations databasing, measurement and analytics tools
- Demonstrated team leadership, mentorship and management skills
- Demonstrated client services and project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English is a requisite, including writing, proofreading, grammar and syntax (Spanish-language is also plus)
- Client-service minded and ability to thrive in demanding environments requiring high degree of deadline-driven productivity, attention to detail, commitment, flexibility, communication and initiative
Success in this position requires:
- Ability to reach and contact a high volume of journalists on a daily basis as needed
- Ability to quickly develop and implement practical, creative ideas, story angles and media pitches
- Demonstrated ability to manage accounts and client expectations
- Solid organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to organize and prioritize work under pressure
- Strong computing skills using Google docs, folders, and other online collaboration tools (MuckRack, SproutSocial, etc.)
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- Competitive Salary
- Annual Bonus
- Paid Vacations and Holiday Days
- Matching 401K Program
- Quality Medical and Dental Benefits
- Laptop computer provided
- Fun, Professional Working Environment and Strong Company Culture