Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) provides research, consulting, and advisory services to improve commercial, residential, and multifamily built environments for private and public-sector clients. We specialize in energy, sustainability, and accessibility consulting as well as certification, research & development, and compliance services. Our team of professionals has led the way since 1972 in the development of best practices to achieve high performance buildings.
For further information on Steven Winter Associates, please visit www.swinter.com.About the Role:
Steven Winter Associates, Inc. (SWA) is looking for a Marketing Content Coordinator to support the firm’s B2B marketing strategy by creating content about sustainability and accessibility in the built environment. This person will be a key player on a small marketing team with members based in New York, NY, and Norwalk, CT.
The Marketing Content Coordinator will write content for the firm’s website, digital marketing channels, event activations, internal communications, and other mediums as needed. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in the topics covered across these channels, such as climate change, sustainable buildings, social justice, and equity, and/or healthy buildings. This person must be able to break down complex architecture and engineering topics to create compelling marketing content for large audiences.The proposed annual salary range for this position is $65,000 - $75,000 based on a 40-hour work schedule. Final salary may vary depending on confirmed job-related skills and experience.
- Assist in the execution of the content marketing strategy to drive awareness objectives for the company.
- Create strong working relationships with all internal teams and work with stakeholders to generate thought-provoking and impactful content.
- Draft and produce content for all digital marketing channels: blog, case studies, podcast, newsletter, press releases, social media, and event collateral.
- Help improve and repurpose existing marketing content.
- Maintain marketing content calendars and enforce deadlines across all internal teams.
- Create content for SWA’s social media channels to drive engagement and grow audience.
- Keep website and firm’s library of digital marketing assets up to date.
- Draft marketing-related internal communications.
- Monitor marketing analytics and make data-driven decisions when creating new content.
- Support the Buildings + Beyond podcast team with research, guest coordination, copy writing, transcriptions, and more.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism, English, or related field.
- 1-3 years of experience in content marketing roles.
- Exceptional writing skills.
- Knowledge of digital marketing channels and can adapt content and voice across these channels.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and offer new ideas for process efficiency.
- Experience using WordPress or other content management systems (CMS) and Google Analytics or other content analytics platforms.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
How To Apply
- Experience with B2B content marketing.
- Familiar with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concepts.
- Knowledge of marketing automation tools (i.e., HubSpot, Mailchimp) and CRM platforms (MS Dynamics or Salesforce).
- Experience creating and optimizing content for the backend of websites.
- Graphic design skills and experience with Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator.
- Please complete the online application and include a cover letter outlining your interest.
- Please submit a link to an online portfolio or attach a writing sample with your application.
- If you have 75% of the required skills and experience with a willingness to learn, we encourage you to apply.
- Reasonable accommodation will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- There will be approximately three rounds of interviews.
- A short, timed assessment of content skills will be required as part of the interview process.
- Organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently and work independently when required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills, maturity, credibility, confidence, and integrity.
- Collaborative with strong focus on teamwork.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands to type, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee may be required to climb stairs and use elevators. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.TRAVEL REQUIRED:
Less than 10%.WORKING ENVIRONMENT:
This position is considered a hybrid role with at least 2+ days required to be in-office.TRAINING:
During the initial 2-3 weeks of employee onboarding, there will be required systems training.PERFORMANCE STANDARDS:
Performance will be evaluated against this job description, competencies for this level, and mutually agreed goals.EEO STATEMENT: SWA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – all qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, or marital status.
DEI STATEMENT: SWA is a workplace where we are aware and welcoming of the ways in which we are all diverse as evidenced by a culture of listening and understanding. We endeavor to create a workplace where people feel empowered to act; a safe place where people are open to discussing different views; ongoing education opportunities around diversity, equity, and inclusion; and to build a culture of belonging and accountability.