The Coordinator – Business Development works with Business Development Analysts, Managers, other marketing staff and lawyers to assist with efforts to generate increased business for the Firm. They will leverage research, writing, technical and communication skills to support the Firm’s global practice areas and related sub-groups, including especially related the practice areas of Capital Markets and ESG. The Coordinator will also work with more senior BD team members to liaise with Firm lawyers and staff members in departments including Knowledge Management, Professional Development & Training, Events and Recruiting to support internal and external practice development initiatives, and on other tasks as they pertain to the maintenance and growth of the practice internally and externally.
The scheduled hours for this position are 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. The incumbent may be required to work overtime depending on the needs of the practice area lawyers and Business Development department.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Identify relevant trends by industry, geography and type of transaction or matter to assist in preparing targeted materials (pitch books, brochures, trifolds, duofolds and other presentations or collateral), in a manner that effectively communicates the Firm’s relevant experience and articulates clear reasons why the Firm should be retained.
- Update and maintain certain standard pitch files and collateral.
- Update Lawyer biographies across multiple channels (print, digital).
- Maintain a complete record of all pitches, research and meetings (of any type, including in particular as relates to our relationship with local counsel).
- Complete productions aspects (editing, fact checking, proofreading, assembling) to ensure that materials are delivered accurately and on time.
- Assist in preparing legal directory and award submissions, including compiling deal lists and draft emails for partners to send to references.
- Update relevant deal databases, contact and activity information in the Firm’s client relationship management system (CRM); and assemble daily business and political news clippings, as well as the more extensive reports and digests at the direction of the BD Analyst.
- Assist the BD Analysts in preparing competitive intelligence research to update lawyers on clients, prospects, peers/competitors and market trends.
- Follow Firm regional and market news, including as pertains to clients and prospects, as well as local counsel and practice alumni and update lawyers and other relevant support staff.
- Coordinate – with the BD Analyst and partner assistants – practice development trip itinerary planning, organizing meetings and trip preparations (research, materials, printing, etc.), drafting correspondence for partners, and preparing post-trip follow-up, including additional material creation/sending and tracking meeting and correspondence record-keeping.
- Maintain housekeeping of all materials relevant to the practices you assist (including regarding partner and Firm contacts, deal lists, biographies, practice development meetings, referrals, counsel and client relationships).
- Coordinate with the Communications department to make practice updates to the weekly internal newsletter and the Firm’s website and social media platforms.
- Draft communications for partners related to clients, prospects, local law firm relationships.
- Research conferences and speaking opportunities to help the managers present suitable marketing opportunities to partners. Support partners with marketing aspects, research and follow-up.
- Assist with internally-hosted externally-facing events, including as they pertain to clients and alumni, as well as practice group members and summer associates.
- Other duties or special projects may be assigned.
In addition, responsibilities related to maintaining Firm and client information are to be adhered to by all employees. This includes complying with the Firm’s information security policies, protecting Firm assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference, and reporting security events or potential events or other security risks to management.Qualifications
Education And/or Experience
- Excellent writing/editing, proofreading, grammar and research skills (a writing and editing test is required).
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills, with a high level of attention to detail.
- The ability to work and collaborate as a part of a global BD team is essential.
- Proficiency in standard spreadsheet, database, word processing and presentation applications (e.g., Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint and SharePoint are pluses), as well as with a variety of online and new media information resources. Knowledge of any CRM system is also helpful. The Firm provides additional training in core software programs, if needed, to enhance skills and speed of work.
- Ability to work in a demanding professional environment to handle time-sensitive requests from multiple lawyers, across time zones, and to generate quality work product in a fast-paced environment.
- A commitment to the highest standards of excellence and professionalism that are the hallmarks of the firm’s legal practice.
- One to three years of experience working for a law firm, financial institution or other professional services firm.
- Personal assistants, paralegals and legal assistants are encouraged to apply.
- BA or equivalent required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.Compensation
The base salary range offered for this role will be between $60,000 and $75,000. When determining a candidate’s compensation offer, elements unique to each person are taken into consideration including but not limited to skill set, experience level, performance, professional certifications, degrees and location, as well as the needs of the Firm.
The total compensation package for this position may include overtime pay, discretionary bonuses and other benefits.