Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law has been helping our clients fight for disability benefits since 1994. We're a mission-driven team who work tirelessly to represent each of our clients with care. We're dedicated to continuous growth to improve our client service. Our firm is seeking an accountable, detail oriented individual to join our Social Security Operations team.
Social Security Operations Manager Job Overview
The primary responsibilities of the Operations Manager are to provide day-to-day supervision of workflow processes and to ensure the efficiency of organizational claim processing and training systems. This position requires skill in analyzing data and problem-solving, as well as the ability to forecast future potential needs and issues. The job incumbent must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating action plans. The Operations Manager serves as the first point of contact for Team Leaders regarding all process and job task policy issues. This job position is responsible for the content accuracy and communication of written departmental job training manual policies. This position requires comprehensive knowledge of disability claims processes and frequent communication with organizational personnel. The job incumbent must possess excellent communication skills, demonstrate professionalism, be accountable, detail oriented, and able to manage workflow processes and system efficiency in a high-volume environment.
Social Security Operations Manager Job Duties
- Oversight of daily SS operational processes specifically:
- Ensure appropriate staffing requirements
- Determine and implement policy changes, and
- Measure and report departmental productivity and employee job output
- Manage case management software to ensure needs of clients and team members are met
- Uphold operational policies and ensure departmental work efforts are effective for the purposes of maximizing productivity and efficiency
- Maintain accurate written departmental operational policy manuals and training material
- Develop, deliver, and/or supervise the delivery of effective job training programs
- Regularly communicate departmental workflow, policy changes, and progress/productivity reports in department meetings and in email memos
- Make recommendations to executives on policy and departmental changes
- Ensure the integrity of data collected and reported
- Report the status of departmental operational status using accurate and standardized organizational measures
- Work closely with Marketing team to develop client newsletter content
- Conduct and/or supervise special projects as directed
- Review of potential new client claims requiring supervisor approval.
- Review of current client claims requiring review for withdraw or possible OTR
- Develop and oversee department key performance indicators and create strategies to improve productivity and efficiency
- Attend job interviews and/or disciplinary action plan meetings as needed and identified by Human Resources
- Manage department team leaders, to include conducting performance reviews, approval of personal time off requests, and monitoring of productivity
- Conducting 1:1 meeting with Team Leaders and reviewing team member 1:1 forms conducted by the Team Leader
- May take escalated client calls
- Set specific quarterly and annual goals and initiatives for the Social Security line of business
- When necessary, work with the Social Security Administration and medical providers to achieve client results
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications
Social Security Operations Manager Skill Requirements:
- Proficient PC and general office equipment skills
- Excellent leadership and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and change management skills
- Strong computer/office administration skills and ability to master software and phone systems
- Proficient organizational skills to ensure tasks are performed in a timely manner
- Excellent leadership and conflict management skills
- Ability to make sound decisions for the benefit of the client, the firm and the employees
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Communicate with clients in a clear professional and courteous manner
- Accurately track client information using organizational database and other electronic tracking tools
- Accurately communicate/explain the disability claims process in a clear and relatable manner
- Demonstrated ability to independently move projects forward by gaining support needed from others while working in a cross-functional role
- Proven track record of collaborating with cross-functional groups (e.g., Finance, Operations, Sales, IT) to set objectives and produce meaningful results
- Strong experience in developing, implementing, and using legal department technology solutions
- Proven ability to work under deadlines, budgets, and changing priorities
Social Security Operations Manager Job Qualifications
- B.A./B.S. degree and/or related certification or job experience is highly preferred
- At least 5 years of previous experience working with Social Security Disability highly preferred
Social Security Operations Manager Benefits Include:
- Health, Vision, & Dental Insurance
- 401K Matching Retirement Plan – We do up to 4% match!
- Long-term and Short-term Disability
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off – 80 hours accrued in your first year!
- Paid Holidays – We understand the importance of being with loved ones during holidays.
- Health & Fitness Reimbursement – Yes, we pay you to promote a healthy lifestyle!
- Remote Work – Work from home!
- Equipment Supplied - No worries about getting a computer! We supply your work computer to you.
- Community Involvement – Want to get involved in the community but don’t know how? We can help you with that!
- Positive Organizational Core Values – These values are Client-Centered Focus, Community, Continuous Improvement, Caring, and Collaboration. Our firm is dedicated to and use these values every single day.
Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We welcome and embrace people from diverse backgrounds and nurture a culture where our team members feel heard, valued, and empowered to be their most authentic selves. At Jan Dils, Attorneys at Law, we are committed to reflecting the diverse clients and communities in which we serve.