Essential Job Functions:
• Prepare annual marketing-communications plan and budget in tandem with CEO.
• Create and execute multiple seasonal marketing campaigns with the overall goal of driving more people Downtown and enhancing retail, restaurant, and small-business success.
• Create and manage Downtown Myrtle Beach brand and brand standards for a consistent and engaging look and message for Downtown Myrtle Beach in its entirety.
• Issue RFPs (or similar requests) and oversee contractual creative services, including, but not limited to: photographer, videographer, web design and maintenance, digital tools, SEO, and some graphic design. • Maintain monthly or quarterly dashboards that identify critical issues and opportunities.
• Produce content and design for e-newsletter and special e-blast notifications, with attention to SEO and mobile functionality and features.
• Oversee website design, updates, and maintenance.
Public Relations 40%
• Help to ensure brand consistency across marking materials
• Assist communities, small businesses, local and state government, etc. understand what MBDA offers
• Planning and directing PR programs
• Create and tell effective brand stories
• Create and execute press releases
• Respond to information requests from communities and members of the media
• Writing or editing speeches
• Secure and oversee media sponsorships and media buys (print, digital, broadcast)
• Create content for all professional print and digital collateral, to include but not limited to multipage reports, informational brochures, seasonal campaign/promotional collateral, digital ad layout, and other products.
• Prepare and disseminate news releases, serve as primary contact on news releases, pitch stories to media highlighting positive Downtown trends and players.
• Provide interviews to print and broadcast media as appropriate.
• Ensure an accurate media archive through use of Google Analytics, etc.
• Prepare talking points, speeches, PowerPoint presentations, etc., as needed for public appearance by CEO.
• Assist with events
• Be a proxy for CEO
• Conflict resolution.