Job Title: Digital Content Lead Company:
EBONY Company LLC (Limited Liability Company)
Job Location: Remote
Employment Type: Full-timeThe Company
Since 1945, EBONY has celebrated and chronicled Black excellence and leadership worldwide. In January 2021, the iconic brand was relaunched under new ownership as EBONY Media Group, a diversified multi-platform media company. This is an exciting chapter for the beloved brand, and we are looking for talented, enthusiastic candidates to join our close-knit, highly collaborative team. We are calling all innovators and creators who want to be part of the legacy by helping shape EBONY’s future!
The Role: The Digital Content Lead will report to the EVP (Executive Vice President), Digital. We are looking for someone that possesses a creative eye for thumb-stopping content creation and experience in designing, copyediting, and copywriting for various digital assets. This person should have a thorough understanding of the digital landscape, including social media, streaming services, and other online platforms. He/She should be highly skilled in creating engaging and innovative digital content that aligns with the company's brand, target audience, and business objectives. The Digital Content Lead must be capable of leading and mentoring other digital content creators. We are looking for a leader with excellent project management skills, with the ability to oversee multiple projects simultaneously and ensure that they are delivered on time and within budget. This individual should also be comfortable working with data and analytics, using insights to inform content strategy, optimize performance, and identify areas for improvement with expert knowledge of social media ad platforms such as LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and Pinterest, along with an understanding of their organic algorithm biases.
The perfect candidate for this role would be a creative thinker with a passion for exploring new digital trends and technologies. They should be excellent communicators, able to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. They should demonstrate a commitment to delivering exceptional digital experiences that delight users and drive business results.RESPONSIBILITIES (include, But Are Not Limited To)
- Maintain and implement best practices for all the digital content across platforms.
- Provide influential leadership to a dynamic group of digital content creators.
- Stay on top of the latest industry trends to optimize the reach and engagement of all the company digital content.
- Harness innovative technology and emerging platforms to grow the company’s global social media footprint, the organic traffic to the company .com and drive newsletter subscriptions.
- Drive collaboration, ensuring internal stakeholders are appropriately informed of upcoming content initiatives and necessary external partners are engaged in all efforts.
- Incorporate insights and analytics for the company’s site and social platforms into your decision-making and benchmark all content against visible metrics for competitors.
- Deliver concise, thoughtful reports to leadership on the performance of the company’s content across platforms.
- Will work side by side with the company’s Audience Development/Analytics leads to build SEO supremacy around key terms on the website and optimize organic impressions.
- Works closely with the company’s leadership to align content and business goals, which includes ideation around all Branded Content to ensure that it remains in alignment with overall Digital Content mission and goals.
- Manage the Digital Content calendar, which includes recurring content franchises (daily, weekly, monthly and beyond publishing cadence) and real time repeatable formats; works closely with marketing and other teams to develop strategies that drive the maximum earned and owned traffic.
- Establishes and maintains processes that efficiently enable the creation of digital content, and alignment among executive and legal stakeholders.
- Identifies and pursues new media channels, media partnerships, and emerging technology tools that further the company’s reach and break new ground for content creation/distribution.
- At least 10 years of experience in digital content leadership roles at major media organizations.
- Excellent editorial judgment and a proven track record of commissioning and delivering high-impact digital content experiences (text, audio, image and video based), original franchises and real time coverage strategies.
- Great human and leadership skills that enable the team to grow. This includes a strong ability to listen and empower the team.
- Demonstrable experience of growing both reach and engagement, powered by the smart application of data, search optimization and content rigor.
- A clear understanding of how digital storytelling, curation, and product innovation work together to meet audience goals.
- Experience of building and managing diverse, inclusive teams, and in developing new talent in a remote working environment.
- A keen understanding of the African Diaspora media market, and deep knowledge of trends and issues in the culture and how they manifest across industry categories and platforms.
- Clear understanding of how to leverage short form content on social platforms to drive conversion (whether to website or to subscribe to newsletter) and follower growth.
- Validated experience leading short form photography and video/film productions; from pre-production to on-set leadership and post-production.
- Good understanding of interactive communication, processes, and user interface design for online products.
- Digital tracking processes, functionalities, and integrations
- Experience with search engine optimization and application to content strategy and creation
- Experience developing content in various formats, including website & social copy, sponsored content, video, and newsletters.
- Experience in applying content performance data and client insights and conducting market research, competitor analysis, content audits, gap analysis, content inventories, and user testing to develop strategies, approaches, and course-corrections for content creation.
- Ability to Travel as needed.