COMMUNICATIONS & SOCIAL MEDIA COORDINATOR
The Greater Miami Convention & Visitors Bureau is the official, accredited destination sales and marketing organization for Greater Miami and Miami Beach. A global leisure and business destination that delivers culturally rich, diverse, and innovative experiences inspiring boundless passion in visitors and residents alike.
Learn more about us on our website: www.miamiandbeaches.com
To Generate travel demand to Greater Miami and Miami Beach, to maximize economic impact to our community, ensure industry resiliency, and elevate the resident quality of life.
This position exists to provide support to the VP of Marketing Communications and the Communications division. The division coordinator will serve as the lead administrator for all Marketing Communications functions. This includes record keeping of PR and social media KPI’s and coordination of multiple global marketing and PR Agencies. This position will be managing departmental budgets by data entry.
- Represent division at meetings when indicated by the VP of Marketing Communications.
- Maintain accurate and up to date database files.
- Assist in the creation of presentation reports of Executive Committee, Board, stakeholders, etc. via PowerPoint.
- Create, proofread, and edit copy.
- Perform a variety of advanced tasks including budget preparation, scheduling, reporting, and tracking and disseminating information.
- Data analysis and reporting.
- Coordination of promotional activities including missions, and trade shows.
- Coordination with external global public relations agencies.
- Perform simple analysis of requested information or data.
- Compose correspondence to internal staff, stakeholders, and the media.
- Establish and maintain filing systems.
- Receive incoming calls, respond to routine inquiries, and route calls appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Maintain Communications website page by updating press documents and coordinating efforts with the web team.
- Maintain annual Program of Work Calendar.
- Process invoices, reimbursement and check requisitions, media assistance requests.
- Process departmental mail i.e., open, distribute, fax, fed ex, etc.
- Order office supplies and materials.
- Analyze data and performs calculations for budgeting purposes.
- Create and maintain budget spreadsheets.
- Provide back-up relief coverage for the Switchboard Receptionist.
- Assist with providing interns with instructions occasionally.
- Assist in creating media itineraries and manage travel trade journalist expectations.
- Under supervision, create messaging and talking points for media when necessary and indicated by department lead.
- Write, edit and fact check communications newsletters and press releases.
- Coordinate influencer strategies alongside department directors.
- Maintain a deep knowledge of Miami’s neighborhoods, hotels, restaurants, attractions, and events.
- Work alongside VP of Marketing Communications and Social Media Manager to liaise with global agencies and approve monthly content calendars, promotion approval, prize fulfillment, process invoices, participate in monthly agency and quarterly all- agency calls, and provide support and clear direction to guarantee effective customer service and brand consistency across all markets.
- Provide social media content & PR Content for “What’s Happening” corporate weekly newsletter.
- Work with Social Media Manager to track social media budget to ensure spend to plan.
- Work closely with other departments, including Partnership, Marketing & Creative Services, Sports, Film & Entertainment Tourism Marketing, Cultural Tourism (Arts, Culture), LGBTQ+ and Multicultural Tourism Department to align marketing and brand efforts, including Temptations and local social media campaign support, coordination of prizing for social campaigns, promoting events.
- Support marketing Communications Manager for the promotion of Temptations programs to the local media and coordinate interviews and visits with local media.
- Track division on a excel spreadsheet.
- May work on special projects as assigned.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Excel (Strong Experience Required)
- Proficient knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite 365.
- Proficient knowledge of major social media applications including Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, TikToc, etc.
- Success in this position requires interpersonal skills for frequent interaction with customers.
- At least one-year experience of managing multiple priorities.
- Proficient use of grammar, spelling and punctuation and ability to proofread alpha and numeric data.
- Ability to work cooperatively and communicate effectively.
- Friendly telephone manner for frequent interaction with customers and managers.
- Strong verbal communication skills are required to respond to the media and stakeholders and to make presentations.
- Must be proficient in English. Spanish a plus. Preferred knowledge in third language (Portuguese, German, French or Italian).
- Education: Bachelor’s in communications, PR, Advertising or Marketing or comparable experience.
- Experience: One-year experience in a PR, Advertising or Marketing environment. Agency experience preferred.
We offer a full benefits package including:
- Life Insurance
- Paid Parking
- Sick days
- Vacation days
- 13 Holidays
- Tuition Assistance
- Maternity leave
- 401K option
- Retirement Plan
HOW TO APPLY:
Click the quick apply feature or Send Resume & Salary Expectations to: employment@GMCVB.com