1 January 2024Department:
New York, New YorkReporting To:
$175,000 - $225,000 / yearDescription
Front Office Sports is more than just a workplace; it's a launchpad for exceptional growth on an inspiring journey of ascension. Here, you not only have the chance to soar to new heights within our organization and supercharge your career but also to ignite inspiration and uplift others as we collectively ascend to greater heights within the media industry.
We are a leading multi-platform media and news organization built for the modern sports consumer. With a monthly reach of over 20 million through our core suite of products—our website, newsletters, captivating podcasts, dynamic social channels, enlightening courses, engaging branded content, live events, and awards—we have solidified our position as the ultimate destination for people interested in the business of sports.
Our ambitions are monumental as we forge ahead to define the future of the business of sports, guided by the theme of "Ascension." To achieve this vision, we are looking for exceptional talent poised to shape the next era in media. Join us in this extraordinary world of possibilities where you can elevate yourself and others to unprecedented success.About The Role
Front Office Sports is seeking a Head of Finance who will play a critical role in shaping and executing our financial strategy to drive sustainable growth and ensure sound financial management.
The ideal candidate is someone who isn't afraid to roll up their sleeves and get things done. As the Head of Finance, you will oversee all financial operations, manage financial planning and analysis, and provide strategic guidance to senior management.
Your responsibilities will encompass budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, risk management, and building a robust economic infrastructure to support our expansion plans. The Head of Finance will lead the implementation and management of the operating model and work closely with each department head to achieve subscriber, revenue, and profit goals.Key Responsibilities
Skills, Knowledge & Expertise
- Shape the financial planning function and ensure sound financial management and oversee all financial operations, including financial planning and analysis.
- Manage budgeting, forecasting, financial reporting, and risk management.
- Build a strong financial infrastructure to support expansion plans including potential mergers and acquisitions made by the company.
- Lead the implementation and management of the operating model.
- Produce and review financial models for internal stakeholders.
- Build revenue forecasting models in collaboration with the Brand Partnerships department.
- Maintain core finance and accounting reports, including budget and month-end close process with external bookkeepers.
- Manage accounts receivable, accounts payable, and corporate governance-related items.
- Assess operational resources alignment with strategic vision and objectives.
- Track key company KPIs and conduct ROI analysis of growth tactics and investment opportunities.
- Maintain integrated operational and long-term models.
- Drive trending and strategic analyses for the business.
- Contribute to presentations to CEOs and Board meetings.
- Perform ad hoc analyses and provide insights into business operations and financial performance.
- Support with operational duties such as insurance renewal, advertising operations, and legal matters.
Perks & Benefits
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related field; MBA or advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in Finance or Management Consulting.
- Proven experience as a senior finance leader, preferably in a high-growth start-up or sports/media industry.
- Experience managing corporate P&L and financial forecasts, with a strong understanding of advertising revenue and growth model forecasting.
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis.
- Previous experience in digital/media business is required. Experience in a newsletter business and affinity for sports and the business of sports is a plus.
- Must have previous experience working closely with sophisticated investors building board presentations and presenting to board members.
- A remote-first policy with a monthly WFH stipend + coworking membership
- Generous PTO policy including mental health days and floating holidays, plus company holidays
- Employer-sponsored health benefits including medical, dental, and vision
- Wellness perks include: a ClassPass stipend, health advocate, TelaDoc, and Talkspace
- 401(k) with a 3% company match
- Endless development opportunities at a growing startup
- An annual professional development stipend
Join our passionate and dedicated team and help shape the future of sports media.
Front Office Sports is an equal-opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.