Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.Job Title
VP of Sponsorship Marketing and Internal EngagementJob Description
What is the opportunity?
RBC Capital Markets (RBCCM) is looking for a Vice President of Sponsorship Marketing and Internal Engagement. This candidate will be responsible for all paid partnerships and sponsorships on behalf of RBCCM U.S., inclusive of Marketing-led brand sponsorships and large-scale, multi-dimensional industry sponsorships owned by front-office teams. In addition to the management of the sponsorship partnership, the candidate will also be responsible for the execution of all internal employee engagement programs and marketing communications.
This position lies within the U.S. Brand Marketing department and as such contributes to the advancement of RBCCM’s capabilities in developing client relationships, enhancing client knowledge, and elevating the RBCCM brand.What will you do?
What do you need to succeed?
- Sponsorship Marketing: Lead the strategy, execution, and management of all paid sponsorship partnerships on behalf of RBCCM U.S., including but not limited to the following job requirements:
- Develop a sponsorship marketing strategy that helps grow the RBCCM Brand in the U.S. and positions the firm as a leader with target audiences
- Manage existing brand sponsorships, ensuring ongoing success of partner relationships, branding, event activations, client involvement and employee engagement. Events include, but not limited to:
- RBC Race for the Kids – New York (NYRR partnership)
- RBC Race for the Kids – Chicago
- RBC Brooklyn Half (NYRR Partnership)
- Identify potential new sponsor partners that align with strategy and achieve both brand and business objectives
- Negotiate sponsorship benefits to ensure financial investments are aligned with values received
- Manage contract negotiation process, working closely with RBC legal team, to ensure that RBCCM Brand and Business is safeguarded and that all proper RBC contract and procurement protocols are met.
- Execute all necessary elements of sponsorship program, including:
- Development of robust project plans
- Execution and Management of all timelines and required deliverables for sponsorship program, including logo placements, client invitation process, ad placements, RBC speaker engagements, onsite branding elements, etc.
- Partnership with external creative agencies to achieve desired outcomes of any thought leadership programs or sponsorship activations associated with sponsorship
- Management of all internal communications about sponsorship progress to appropriate internal stakeholders
- Lead the strategy for any pre- or onsite sponsorship activations, including but not limited to:
- Distribution of intellectual property
- Bespoke RBC event strategy:
- Speaker Recommendations and Management
- Invitation Process and Client Targeting
- Collateral distribution
- Event creation and management
- Management of any onsite booths or in-person activations
- Develop and execute post-sponsorship strategy including:
- Attendee communications and follow-ups
- Rectifying any contract gaps with sponsorship partner
- Analysis of sponsorship success metrics and KPIs, and communication to internal stakeholders
- Direct all promotions of sponsorship including press releases, organic social posts, and paid promotions.
- Provide ongoing analysis and recommendations on incoming sponsorship proposal requests from front office as needed
- Manage sponsorship budgets including the handling of timely payments of sponsorship invoices as well as management of any supplemental budgets to support sponsorship activations
- Provide ongoing analysis of existing sponsorship relationships, including recommendations to terminate partnerships as appropriate
- Partner with Head of US Foundation to properly manage any relevant charitable components of sponsorship program.
- Internal Engagement: Manage all marketing-owned internal engagement platforms that help evolve RBC Employees into brand ambassadors. Responsibilities inclusive of, but not limited to:
- Internal Communication and Email Campaigns, including internal Marketing Content Newsletter, Video Office displays content calendar, and marketing-led employee program communications.
- Internal employee engagement promotional elements including signage, desk drops, balloons, swag, internal television promotions, and features on intranet
- Management and execution of all internal promotional events including fundraising events, t-shirt pick-ups, informational sessions, presentations for front office department meetings
- Existing Programs to be managed:
- NYRR Partnership for RBC Race for the Kids and Title Sponsorship of Brooklyn Half Marathon
- Chicago Race for the Kids
- Charity Day for the Kids
- RBC Lip Sync Battle
- Brand Marketing Collateral: Lead brand collateral projects, including:
- US Capabilities Brochure
- Campus Recruitment Support Materials
What’s in it for you?
- 8-10 years’ experience in sponsorship marketing. Financial services experience a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing or Communications (or a related field). MBA a plus.
- Direct experience and proven track record of success for executing large-scale brand sponsorships on behalf of a multinational organization or challenger brand.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exceptional organizational and project management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-pressure, corporate environment while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Comfort and competence in handling multiple projects at one time
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
- Fully proficient in all MS Office tools
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
The good-faith expected salary range for the above position in New York is $145,000 - $150,000 depending on factors including but not limited to the candidate’s experience, skills, registration status; market conditions; and business needs. This salary range does not include other elements of total compensation, including a discretionary bonus and benefits such as a 401(k) program with company-matching contributions; health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; and paid time-off plan.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work
- Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
RBC’s compensation philosophy and principles recognize the importance of a highly qualified global workforce and plays a critical role in attracting, engaging and retaining talent that:
- Drives RBC’s high performance culture
- Enables collective achievement of our strategic goals
- Generates sustainable shareholder returns and above market shareholder value
BROOKFIELD PLACE FKA 3 WORLD FINANCIAL CENTER, 200 VESEY STREET:NEW YORKCity:
United States of AmericaWork hours/week:
Capital MarketsJob Type:
2023-10-06Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.