Role: Deputy Editor, Britannica Money
Are you passionate about all things money? Do you have a knack for creating engaging and informative content that resonates with a diverse audience? If so, Encyclopaedia Britannica has an exciting opportunity to join the Britannica Money team. We are seeking a dynamic, inspiring and experienced editor as we help everyday investors and savers navigate the financial journey through every life stage.
● Create and steer original financial content, from ideation to publication, ensuring that all work meets Britannica’s exacting standards and resonates with our diverse audience.
● Act as project lead and co-editor for a weekly newsletter to be launched in late 2023.
● Collaborate closely with a team of seasoned financial writers and editors, providing guidance, feedback, and editing to ensure that complex financial concepts are presented in a clear, concise, and engaging manner for a broad audience.
● Edit and fact-check a wide range of financial articles, ensuring accuracy, clarity, and adherence to our style guidelines.
● Lead the effort to update our database of finance-based reference content, blending Britannica’s authoritative tone with a conversational, approachable voice.
● Assist in the planning and execution of special projects, including videos, quizzes, and infographics.
● Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, journalism, or a related field. Prior experience on a financial news desk is a plus.
● Seven to ten years’ experience in the financial markets, with at least five years’ experience in writing and editing; some experience managing people and projects is also desired.
● Proven experience in digital content creation, ideally in the personal finance, investing, or related domains. Experience in the active trader and/or crypto communities is a plus.
● Strong understanding of SEO best practices and experience in creating content optimized for search engines. Familiarity with content management systems (CMS) and basic image editing tools.
● Exceptional writing and editing skills, with a keen eye for detail and a strong command of grammar and style.
Britannica strives to provide its users with trustworthy, verified information in a constantly changing world. We aspire to fulfill that mission with a diverse, multigenerational workforce with a variety of life experiences and points of view. All backgrounds and cultures are welcomed.