The Digital Content Specialist will work directly with FSM's Creative Team to write, implement, and measure content marketing initiatives. The focus of this role is to achieve our clients' strategic goals by building their audience and executing marketing tactics (primarily social media content and email marketing) that have a demonstrated and measurable impact on business. Primary responsibilities for this role include content research and creation, content scheduling, analyzing metrics, optimizations, and other duties that strengthen the success of our clients' digital marketing.
FSM's ideal Content Specialist must have:
- A creative AND analytical mindset: Not only are you a creative thinker who loves to find new ways to unleash your ideas into the world, you're also analytical in nature and able to ground your creative ideas in research and analysis.
- Great organization and adaptability: You have the ability to adapt to new platforms and processes while staying organized and efficient.
- Passion about helping businesses and nonprofits grow: You realize that businesses and nonprofits are the backbones of any community, and you are passionate about doing what it takes to help them thrive!
- A desire to learn something new every day: Combine your natural curiosity with digital research and acumen to showcase our clients' strategies through content that informs, inspires, and persuades.
- Create and schedule organic social posts and email newsletters for a wide range of clients.
- Research industries and trends to craft content ideas to be applied across multiple content types and channels.
- Proofreading social media posts and email newsletters for accuracy. Fact-checking names, places, events as well as grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
- Analyze performance metrics to provide recommendations and actionable items.
- Stay up-to-date with social media platform updates and provide recommendations for high-performing and engaging content, while implementing content trend changes.
- Update social and email newsletter planning calendars.
- Maintain high levels of current best practices and strategies in successfully managing social media and email platforms.
- Participate in client-facing meetings regarding content marketing initiatives.
- Build expertise in content marketing, working toward mastery.
Measure: On-brand, high-performing content.
- Tactical and implementation expertise in developing and executing social posts.
- Ability to design and implement all post types across social platforms.
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills.
- Strong verbal communication skills.
- Ability to recognize and tell engaging stories on social media.
- Experience working with multiple clients is preferred.
- Ability to present research, measurables, and other content deliverables to internal and external teams.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to think creatively and apply industry trends to ongoing projects.
- Ability to use analytical thinking to assess content performance and reach goals.
- Client-first, service mentality.
- Familiarity with social post-scheduling platforms (Sprout), email build platforms (Mailchimp, Constant Contact), analytics tools, and graphic design platforms (Photoshop, InDesign, Canva) is a plus.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, English, or related field.
- 2-5 years of experience in content or social marketing preferred.
Full Spectrum Marketing provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Powered by JazzHR