The Media team at Pinnacle Advertising is seeking an experienced and well-versed Media Strategist, planner, and team partner to support a critical T2 Automotive book of business and enhance the overall agency’s media capabilities. We’re looking for a collaborative team player who is a flexible thinker and is always curious. This individual will own and take the lead on the development of best-in-class strategic and tactical media plans, as well as partner with expert team departments across the management (ad trafficking, media placement, optimizations), reporting, and ongoing optimizations of the work.
This position can be located at our Schaumburg, IL or Phoenix/Scottsdale, AZ office locations and is a hybrid work environment, currently 2 days/week in the office.
Things that make you thrilled to come to work include:
- Building strategic media planning opportunities across channels to achieve key business priorities, marketing targets, performance goals, and KPIs.
- Attending media related and strategic discussions during client meetings; both in person and virtually with a positive and partnership-focused approach.
- Learning and sharing POV on emerging media and industry trends, discovering vendors who fit the mold of those trends, and building relationships with those individuals for potential agency integration.
- Developing a holistic media plan for an automotive brand across all media channels such as TV, OTT, Social, Digital, Audio, etc. and making sure it ties back to client brand and business strategies.
- Collaborating closely with media buying and operations for plan inputs and to ensure they are executed, optimized, and tracked.
- Partnering with owned media and analytics team to evaluate emerging media opportunities and execute on-going testing strategies to fuel innovation and ideation.
- Using data, insights and marketplace understanding to optimize, solve problems and influence decisions and audiences.
- Leveraging industry planning and insights tools to build innovative, outcome-driven media plans.
- Understand the role and how to champion internal processes like flowcharts, collaborative project management process, etc.
You also have proven success with:
- 3-5 years of experience in a media planning and/or strategy role, agency-experience desired and automotive experience is a bonus
- Understanding of all media strategies across: Linear, OOH, CTV/OTT, Display, Programmatic, Search, Social, and Owned Media (like influencers) tactics and others.
- The ability to assess data sets and recommendations across first to third-party data, and identify how to mix them into the strategy to drive client results.
- Exceptional analytics skills, with a dynamic ability to translate media data into brand/business performance insights and so-what recommendations.
- Strong understanding and navigation of Google Analytics, Google AdWords is a plus
- An aptitude for managing budgets, invoicing collaboration, etc.
- The ability to communicate clearly, effectively, credibly, and persuasively.
- Proficient in business communication styles, Keynote/PowerPoint skills, Excel and Word
- Strong presentation skills that focus on connecting insights with storytelling.
- Experience with key tools such as: Trade Desk, Scarborough, Nielsen, iSpot, Advantage, Experian, DV360, and various analytics platforms, etc.
- Willing and excited to travel to client locations as requested.
- Bonus if you like Teams, have familiarity with Airtable, and you’ve got an amazing meme-game to share with the monthly newsletter.
Why you want to work with us at Pinnacle:
Our media planning strategist team is one of the best in the industry, with a strong history of success in the automotive industry, and with key diversified clientele. Our clients are hungry for ideas, innovation, and continued media leadership. Our internal teams are driven through building relationships, betting on ideas and never settling.
Pinnacle Advertising is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, perceived pregnancy, childbirth, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, medical condition, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law, is prohibited.