PURPOSE OF JOB: The Content Specialist's primary responsibility is to write content for print, electronic and digital communications, including flyers, websites, emails, FAQs/talking points, newsletters, presentations, and social media content, that are appropriate for the intended audience, understandable, persuasive and effectively achieve marketing goals. Ensures communications are accurate, on message and brand, appropriate and completed/distributed on time and on budget to all markets. Ensures proofreading and readability/health literacy.
Represents and serves as the copy and content brand expert to internal and external clients. Ensures marketing content matches copy brand standards and style guidelines. Adherence to AP style guidelines as well as Doylestown Health-specific language.
- Facilitates tactical execution of marketing initiatives. Follows marketing initiatives through the inception, design process, and final product, in collaboration with all key stakeholders, to ensure all messages are strategically, organizationally, medically and grammatically accurate. Marketing initiatives include, but not limited to, outdoor, transit, digital, direct mail, print advertising, key service line marketing for physician and consumer audiences, patient stories, service-line capabilities, web content, print collateral, web content, and occasional press releases.
- Senior writer responsible for engaging and dynamic content marketing related to key strategic Doylestown Health services and programs. Includes interviewing subject matter experts, creating, and editing content for Doylestown Health omnichannel marketing efforts, website (including video scripts), blog, social media, email content, print and other essential content initiatives.
- Executes various marketing activities including but not limited to strategic service lines to support Doylestown Health. Assists tactical development and execution including writing, editing and development of marketing materials-works well with designer. This includes new services and programs on the website.
- Responsible for overseeing digital content coordination including writing and editing blogs, microsites and landing pages, as well as planning the monthly e-newsletter, and other electronic communications.
- Uses marketing tools to facilitate communication of special projects occurring across the health system. Includes working with internal and external team members to assist in communication of up-to-date information about new initiatives, organizational growth and time-sensitive informational updates related to direct patient care. Tools include web, blog, social, on-hold messages, etc.
V. QUALIFICATIONS :
- Education: Bachelor's degree in marketing, journalism, communications, public relations or related field.
- Experience: Minimum of four years of experience in marketing and communications with corporate or health care marketing preferable but not mandatory. Excellent writing skills required (samples requested). Strong background in marketing, and/or communications, project management, interview skills for print and video required. Knowledge of writing for search engine optimization (SEO).
- Must demonstrate exceptional verbal and written communications, interpersonal skills, and strong business acumen. Must be a team player, demonstrated ability to manage multiple, complex responsibilities, be able to work independently and make decisions under pressing timelines and circumstances. Must exercise strict budget control.
- Experience and a background in traditional and digital marketing. Ability to translate marketing requests into data-driven insights for targeting appropriate audiences and driving bottom-line results. Understanding of marketing technologies (ex. content management systems, Basecamp, Microsoft Office Suite, etc). Basic knowledge of Adobe Create Suite, html and video editing a plus.