Our client, Samaritas, is seeking a Director of Finance to oversee their finance department and contribute to the organization's overall success by effectively managing all financial tasks.
For nearly 90 years, Samaritas, a faith-based nonprofit, has helped Michigan's disadvantaged families and individuals thrive through various programs. As the state's largest foster care and adoption organization, Samaritas provides a complete range of family preservation programs and options, including Substance Use Disorder services, to keep families together. Samaritas is also one of the largest refugee service providers, resettling families from all over the world. In addition, they offer a full range of services and housing solutions for adults with developmental disabilities, homeless families, and affordable living communities for those who qualify for HUD housing, making it a home for all.This role is a hybrid remote role; the hired individual must be located in Michigan and able to attend meetings in person on a regular basis.
- Coordinate, analyze, and report financial performance to management (financial performance, projections, and other special projects as required).
- Oversee audit and tax functions and coordinate activities with outside audit firms.
- Develop, implement, and maintain accounting policies and procedures.
- Manage treasury functions, including investments, cash flow, and forecasts.
- Ensure proper monthly and annual close of financial records, including oversite of financial statements and account reconciliations.
- Manage the organization's general insurance claims and coordinate with the insurance company and attorneys.
- Monitor compliance with GAAP, OMB, ERISA, and other regulators.
- Establish and monitor internal controls across the organization.
- Liaison for the Samaritas Foundation Board and other Samaritas boards and committees, as needed
- Travel to various locations within Michigan to assist Samaritas employees, provide training, and attend various meetings.
- Assist management in the formulation of its overall strategic direction.
- Assist the CFO with financial reporting as required at Board meetings and various other projects.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or business administration
- MBA or equivalent preferred
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Not-for-Profit experience
- Proficient in all aspects of corporate accounting and all pertinent GAAP, Not-for-Profit rules and regulations, including OMB Uniform Grant Guidance compliance
- Knowledge of foster care reimbursement, skilled nursing reimbursement, and government contracts is preferred.
The compensation range for this position is $130,000 - $150,000 per year, based on experience and qualiﬁcations. Samaritas offers:
- Competitive medical, dental, & vision benefits
- 403b with company match
Samaritas is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, age, citizenship status, and genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
Want new career opportunities delivered straight to your inbox? Sign up for our Quatrro Career Connect newsletter and get notified about rewarding roles in the social impact sector. Sign up !
Powered by JazzHR