Rocket50 is looking for a Part-time Community Assistant to join our team. If you are comfortable with technology, detail-oriented and love people and community, we’d love to meet you.
Reporting to our VP of Community, the ideal candidate will add value to our rapidly growing company by supporting engagement efforts, sharing useful content, and ensuring a seamless member journey for all levels of member access.
This role is pivotal in making rocket50 the “go-to” platform for people over 50 to find the information, tools, and active, vibrant support network they need to create their next work-life chapter.
The role is flexible and remote. 20 hours per week.
- Execute community communications plan on schedule to engage and upsell members - Assumes coordination with marketing team and Community team.
- Contribute new ideas to the evolving community engagement plan, working with the VP of community.
- Support Group Hosts in their efforts to attract and engage members in their groups. This includes email communication assistance, group functionality support, and Group Highlights promotion across the Network.
- Upload articles, tools and other content daily.
- Review platform for user engagement; elevate any member posts or contributions that require a response, and identify, troubleshoot and fix or report any issues with functionality.
- Coordinate with Marketing to ensure brand conformity
Requirements and skills
- Related work experience either supporting a community or equivalent (e.g. building an online forum, launching an ambassador program, creating an event series and writing an email newsletter)
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask
- Ability to function autonomously, across multiple time zones and with varied stakeholders and functions
- Experience and comfort in using various apps such as Slack, Google platform, Canva and other business application tools
- Content creation (i.e. infographics, short video production, audio production) a plus
- Experience with a SaaS platform is a plus
- An American citizen living preferably in the USA.
Who is rocket50?
rocket50 is the world‘s leading work-life platform for people over 50 – supporting people to actively determine and realize their ideal life in the “second half”.
rocket50 provides personalized guidance, holistic support and a robust, professional, worldwide network.
Become part of an on-line, global team that is passionate, fun, and on a mission to make the world a better place through the contributions those past 50 want to make. Based in San Jose, CA, our growing team members are located in San Francisco, Seattle, Boston, Dusseldorf and Hamburg.
If you are interested, please send your resume and short introduction to: firstname.lastname@example.org