NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service. Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.Job Description
See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry. The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to significant projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology and your desire to learn daily.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and all the fun you can imagine.
Internship opportunities available will either be hybrid, in-person (requiring an intern to work from Telemundo Center, Miami, FL 3 days per week) based on the location mentioned, or virtual, depending on business needs.
- Focus on supporting Our Mundo, NBCU Telemundo Enterprises’ internal communications brand, across its various platforms.
- Create and manage content for internal digital and video channels.
- Write and manage content for the weekly newsletter and the intranet.
- Work with graphics and photos, uploading videos.
- Assist in coordination of employee events such as special screenings of new programs, employee Town Hall meetings, etc.
- Assist with executive messages.
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be working from within the United States during all hours worked.
- Must be willing to come into Telemundo Center, Miami FL on a hybrid schedule (3x a week).
- Strong writing, editing, and proof reading in English and Spanish
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (especially Word, Excel and PPT)
- Familiarity with AP Style
- Capable of graphic creation and manipulation (Photoshop, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Basic experience in photography and video, shooting and editing
- Familiarity with content management tools (ex. WordPress or similar)
The internship hourly rate for undergrad students is $17.00 and $25.00 for MBA or master's degree.
- Highly organized
- Ability to manage multiple assignments simultaneously
- Proactive and able to work independently, while collaborating as a team member
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment.
- Previous internship experience and on-campus involvement.
- Strong interest in and demonstrated knowledge of current affairs.
- Strong interest in the media industry.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Students with a class standing of junior or above are preferred.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.