EXEMPT: $51,500-$55,300 a year
Location and Schedule
This is a hybrid position open to applicants residing in Austin, Texas, or the surrounding area.
This position requires the applicant to work both in-office (located in Buda, TX, just south of Austin) and remotely.
Normal operating hours are M-F, 8:30AM-4:30PM (CST). NCFH, Inc. is largely a remote working environment apart from specific positions that require a hybrid schedule and commute to our home office.
The National Center for Farmworker Health (NCFH, Inc.) offers employees a strong benefits package that includes low health insurance premiums, paid vacation and holidays, tuition and professional development education reimbursement, employee assistance program, 401(k) matching and more!
About NCFH, Inc.
The National Center for Farmworker Health (NCFH) is a private, not-for-profit corporation located in Buda, Texas dedicated to improving the health status of farmworker families. We provide information services, training and technical assistance, and a variety of products to community and migrant health centers nationwide, as well as organizations, universities, researchers, and individuals involved in farmworker health.
Our Mission: To improve the health and wellbeing of farmworker families.
Our Vision: All farmworker families will access
- Integrity and Respect - We demonstrate integrity and respect in our working relationships and communications to enhance organizational goals.
- Trust - We create an environment of trust to create a welcoming, safe space in which to work and grow.
- Unity - We are unified in what we say and how we say it, to build momentum and together achieve success.
- Personal Commitment and Accountability - We commit to taking personal accountability and ownership to foster healthy relationships.
NCFH, Inc. is committed to the health and safety of our staff. We are taking COVID-19 precautions during in-office visits and events by following social distancing practices, mask wearing & hand washing. NCFH, Inc. is a smoke-free and drug-free workplace.
This position is responsible for leading and coordinating the logistics for NCFH training services. Specific duties include creating, executing, and establishing the innovative implementation of strategies for the delivery of quality learning activities, to include the coordination of virtual trainings and meetings, on-site trainings, and event planning.
Qualifications, Education And Licensing/Certification
- A technical level of knowledge in educational technology at the educational/experiential equivalent of a bachelor’s degree in educational technology or related field.
- Practical work experience of at least three years in distance learning management.
- Position requires Fluency in reading, writing, and speaking in Spanish.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, organizational skills, and ability to conceptualize information and problem solve, multi-task and work well independently.
- experience in virtual training, event/conference planning, and proficiency with distance learning platforms such as Web Ex, Zoom, etc. and MS Office software products, as well as streaming platforms/applications such as Facebook live.
- Work experience in a non-profit environment.
Essential Duties And Responsibilities
- Coordination of Learning Experiences ( i.e., webinars, virtual training, meetings, live Facebook events, learning collaboratives, etc.)
- Works closely with NCFH team and with external parties (as needed) to coordinate learning experiences that foster the use of best tools and best practices in the design, development, and delivery of online, hybrid, and other types of learning events.
- Takes the lead in monitoring and assessing virtual training needs on a regular basis and implements a variety of instructional methods, materials, and techniques to ensure that all learning and cultural differences through an online medium are recognized/utilized.
- Responsible for the development, updating, and maintaining of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) related to all types of learning experiences, and orients staff and content experts to process and planning.
- Responsible for monitoring and updating contracts with virtual training providers by being the primary expert on utilization; including account specifics (minutes, balance, recordings).
- Responsible for research and implementation of virtual training platforms, recommendations on enhancing virtual learning delivery, creation of methods to enhance and streamline training.
- Works with team to coordinate virtual training schedule (to include webinars, meetings and other trainings) with content experts, organizes schedule of events in project management tool (ie: Asana), submits learning events to monthly NCFH newsletter, and provides updates for webinar page on website with upcoming and archived webinar information.
- Training Support & Logistics
- Responsible for logistical support for in-person training events, i.e., national/regional conferences, meetings, trainings, etc. Activities can include on-site support (registration, speaker scheduling and coordination, coordination and assembly of training and/or meeting materials, submission of applications for continuing education, assisting with AV/Interpreter needs, etc.)
- Responsible for logistical tasks related to virtual training/meeting activities for example: equipment, research, testing, hosting, scheduling, test runs, material dissemination, and evaluation distribution (including survey monkey), and participant follow-up.
- Responsible for post event tasks including uploading webinar recordings to website, promotion of events, through monthly e-newsletter, social media, , and monitoring archived webinar downloads, documents, and evaluation data reporting.
- Works closely with NCFH staff to trouble shoot while using distance learning platform.
- Other Duties
- Actively participates in NCFH teams, i.e., Team building, etc.
- Participates in special projects as needed.
- Participates in Strategic Planning Task Force
- Any other duties as assigned.
Nature and Method of Work
Work is professional level, requiring application of professional theory and practices. Duties are generally performed independently, with priorities and work plans developed by the employee's manager and monitored periodically. Communication with individuals in response to requests is frequent. The impact of the employee's work on the overall performance of NCFH may affect a large segment of the business and the goodwill of the organization.
Physical Ability and Work Environment
The employee is regularly required to perform work duties at an onsite office/designated home workspace for extended periods of time with communication through virtual platforms (Asana and Microsoft Teams). The noise level is usually low to moderate.
Leadership and Supervision
The employee receives general supervision from the Chief Operations Officer (COO). The employee does not provide direct supervision to other staff.
Must be a U.S. citizen or have authorization to work in the United States. Must be at least 18 years of age.
All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, physical/mental disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage, or any other protected classification, in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons.
By completing this application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service and contributing to the success of the organization’s mission, its clients, and its employees. Failure to reveal any prior employer or to give false or misleading information on any part of this application for employment can result in disqualification for employment consideration, or, if hired, may be grounds for termination from NCFH, Inc. You understand that if hired, employment is for no definite time and may be terminated at any time without prior notice. Applicants requiring accommodation to complete the application and/or interview process should contact a management representative.
Powered by JazzHR