Each day Universal Studios Hollywood creates unforgettable experiences for our guests from around the world. We bring to life the ultimate Hollywood experience with our real working movie studio and heart-pounding rides, shows and attractions that put you inside some of the world’s most popular movies and TV shows. USH offers something for everyone from thrill seekers to movie lovers to family fun for all ages. Our Team Members are passionate individuals who create memorable moments whether it’s on the studio lot, or in our conference rooms, theaters, or kitchens. We believe in the talent of our team members. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives our business to succeed in everything we do across the park. We believe in a culture of family and fun, here you can make a difference and build your career!
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impact.Job Description
The Entertainment CityWalk Supervisor
plays an essential role in supervising and supporting all aspects of digital visual content and live performance talent pertaining to Entertainment of CityWalk. They must maintain detailed records of all digital content and in some cases will serve as the Technical Director for key live events. They will have a strategic focus on content creation and preparation. This individual will have an overall awareness and expertise for CityWalk technical operations as well as live performance operations.
- Ensure that the Universal Studios Hollywood vision, mission & values, and Guest Service Philosophy & Standards are understood and supported across the organization.
- Essential Accountabilities:
- Contribute to a department culture that promotes a professional, collaborative, inspiring, fun and teamwork-driven work setting for all employees.
- Supervise the daily operation of a specific show venue and/or area, including supporting staff and process/procedures, and providing necessary direction and/or support for guests, Team Members, vendor talent, and operations. Ensure assigned projects and duties to staff members have ongoing expectations communicated.
- Have knowledge and maintain all show quality across all entertainment products and communicate any concerns or feedback to the appropriate stakeholder(s), including CityWalk Operations, Tech Services, and USH Entertainment Operations.
- Manage the onsite staff by having full working knowledge of the audio/visual system. Ensure entertainment operation for seamless day to day, one-off special events, and Owned and Operated venue requirements.
- Ensure the operational efficiency and effectiveness of administration, venue/show, area and/or elements. Resolve any issues as they arise and seek opportunities to improve process and procedures collaborating with Manager, department stakeholders, employees, etc. as appropriate.
- Provide direction, development and support to Team Members. Communicate feedback and address any and all performance issues, providing recognition, coaching.
- Understand and actively participate in Environmental, Health and Safety responsibilities by following established USH policy, procedures, training, and employee involvement activities.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other department leaders and stakeholders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Maintain detailed tracking records of all signage and Symphony Support, BAS Promos and music playlists, Universal Cinemas digital posters, and Lankershim Marquee content
- Request and receive new media content pertaining to Symphony initiatives, marketing, and music
- Design title cards and lower-third assets for 5 Towers events, as well as prep video/digital content for any buy-out event or activations at the 5 Towers or in any CityWalk Owned & Operated venues
- Procure and maintain the music playlist tailored for CityWalk
- Create Standard Operating Procedure/Protocols for new Owned & Operated venues and equipment to better train and assist Sight and Sound coordinators and new employees
- Provide and ensure special-event A/V needs are met and executed by company standards
- Provide technical guidance and ensure that pre-established system/event parameters are being adhered to:
- Partner with or lead the event day Salaried/Area Supervisor pre-shift meetings.
- Oversee awareness and expertise for CityWalk technical operations as it pertains to audio, visual and lightning needs
- Attend and provide the necessary information on walkthroughs for special events, production shoots, and future shows.
- Support events management team with any on-boarding or additional training for special events or as needed.
- Ensure consistent show quality for CityWalk events and Owned and Operated venues
- Ensure the daily start up and shutdown procedures of owned and operated venues and CityWalk systems.
- Partner with Operations and Tech Services to address CityWalk tech calls
- Train coordinators in new equipment and supervise if needed
- Delegate workload and daily tasks to coordinators and sub-contractors
- Manage Symphony initiatives both digital and print working closely with USH Symphony Partners and clients to ensure flight date deadlines are met
- Act as a conduit between talent and internal teams – setting expectations, coordinating deliverables, handling approvals, contract execution and payments
- Maintain up to date talent calendars, tools and tracking for all bookings
- Supervise talent bookings and scheduling events for Street Performers, Own and Operated locations, and 5 Towers stage.
- Track all talent bookings and their success from request until completion and analysis
- Comply with and exercise best practices with regard to the maintenance of client confidential information.
- Deliver social media and newsletter story development: gathering relevant stories from social media platforms as pertains to entertainment
- Make necessary changes or calls as needed when direct management is unavailable.
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $23.50 - $24.50Qualifications
- Minimum of 4 working years within a comparable multimedia and entertainment department.
- Required system knowledge and troubleshoot base is reliable and proven.
- Show above average efficient knowledge of technical system spaces.
- Knowledge of special events and production operating procedures.
- Proven knowledge of basic system flow and system integration. Systems include: Q-SYS, QSC, ATEM Production switchers, Black Magic converters, switchers and applications, audio mixing software and boards, ethernet and fiber-based networking, Patch Bays, WiFi routing, Daktronics, Binloop, BrightSign and Videro.
- Understand the difference between multiple connections such as XLR to Speaker, SDI to Component, etc.
- Basic knowledge of GrandMA and MBOX lighting systems
- Exemplary in professional presentation and execution from emails, shift meetings, troubleshooting, and show quality.
- Proven Track record of managing multiple projects
- Communicate effectively between departments, identifying any gaps and enabling clear partnerships
- Experience handling contracts, detail oriented
- Must have a deep passion for social media platforms and music scene
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills
- Experience forging relationships and building trust with talent
- Experience in overall talent management
- Above average working knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, and Audition.
- Efficiency in Microsoft 360, Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- Black Magic, Aja, PTZ brand equipment
- Digital and Analogue camera equipment
- PC and Mac based computers
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.