The Retail Operations & Communications Specialist will create an internal support/service from Home Office to the Field. This individual will partner with their department leader to develop a forward-thinking process of driving the storeline business through consistency, simplification, and process improvement workflow. The Retail Operations & Communications Specialist will provide a feedback loop to ensure the field organization’s input is heard, reacted to, and acted upon.Job Responsibilities
- Establish and maintain effective communications throughout stores with regard to directives, product feedback, Adventure Rewards, and Eddie Bauer Credit Card programs.
- Responsible for maintaining the communication and task management tool, identifying opportunities, and streamlining current processes and procedures.
- Represent and champion the stores perspective in key meetings to actively influence decisions to ensure alignment with company initiatives and optimal stores execution.
- Review and revise procedures for written and verbal communication to and from the field.
- Challenge and energize the field organization by creating a store support mentality.
- Develop communication for all “events” at the store and edit the storeline weekly newsletter.
- Develop policy/procedure information for storeline.
- Compile and distribute store productivity, compliance, contests, and survey results.
- Oversee cross-functional initiatives in a project management role in concert with the Director of Retail Operations.
- 4 year degree in related field or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years’ experience in retail communications and operations
- Strong multi-tasker with an ability to balance short and long term objectives
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint; working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Effectively partner with cross-functional teams as well as all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated creative thinker
- Writing samples will be required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that are required by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; as well as reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to work in open environment with fluctuating temperatures and standard lighting.
- Ability to work on computer and mobile phone for multiple hours; with frequent interruptions.
- Required to travel in elevator or stairwells to attend meetings and engage with associates on multiple floors throughout building.
- Hotel, Airplane, and Car Travel Required.
This is a full-time position. As an International Retailer, occasional evening and/or weekend work may be required during periods of high volume. This role operates in a professional office environment and routinely uses standard office equipment. Other Considerations:
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to qualified individuals with disabilities to enable them to perform the essential functions of the role.Requirements & EEO Statement
Full time positions only:
The salary (range) for this position is $65,000 - $72,000, (annually). Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to position offered and work experience. In addition to your salary, Eddie Bauer, and its affiliated brands, offers a benefits package, including health care (medical, prescription, dental, vision), company paid life insurance and long term disability, 401(k) plan with company match, paid time off programs starting with minimum 15-days based on role, overtime pay (if hourly), flexible work schedule, and a generous employee discount program (all benefits are based on eligibility). Additional information regarding the benefits for this position can be found in the Benefits Guide that is available in our Human Resources Department.
SPARC Group LLC is an equal opportunity employer. We value a culture of inclusion and diversity within our workforce, and are committed to maintaining a workplace free from prohibited employment conduct, including discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, domestic partner status, civil partnership, status as a covered veteran, status in the Uniformed Services of the United States, citizenship and any other characteristic protected by law (“Protected Characteristics”).