Montefiore is ranked among the top hospitals nationally and regionally by U.S. News & World Report . For more than 100 years we have been innovating new treatments, procedures, and approaches to patient care, producing stellar outcomes and raising the bar for academic medical centers in the region and around the world.
Our award-winning IT organization is seeking a Communications Manager to lead strategic executive and functional communications for IT, playing a critical role in elevating the visibility and understanding of the organization’s strategy and priorities, while supporting a high-performance culture and employee engagement. This position will d evelop communications programs to drive employee engagement and articulate strategy, strategic initiatives, change management initiatives and employee programs. This position also controls the dissemination of information on MIT’s behalf and drives engagement with key stakeholders as well as the IT employee population and Health System in relation to changes, announcements, and other information about technology solutions.Responsibilities Include
Required Experience Includes
- Lead the development and execution of a measurable communication strategy for IT.
- Support CIO and collaborate with IT leaders to create engaging content and recognition opportunities that highlight strategic direction, accomplishments, and impact of IT initiatives across the enterprise to create a sense of excitement and pride among IT employees.
- Manage internal communications and drive the distribution of content through various vehicles including SharePoint, Teams, email, electronic newsletters, and other formats.
- Develop core internal communications materials, including monthly newsletter, highlighting important information such as projects, achievements, and milestones.
- Manage content on SharePoint.
- Ensure consistency of communications so that it is in alignment with broader corporate communications.
- Create measurement approaches to gather feedback and drive continuous improvement.
- Leverage data to analyze communication effectiveness and derive insights and trends that continuously improve communications programming.
- Plan and execute employee events such as town halls and annual meetings.
- Partner with the Executive leadership team to create compelling business presentations and drive a strategy to share information with employees.
- Develop executive presentations, innovative creative content, and highly effective internal communications.
- Help drive adoption and ownership of change initiatives related to business processes, technologies, and human resources by providing strategic communication counsel, organizing stakeholder engagement, and working with leadership/management teams to develop communication strategies and plans.
- Create, edit, and manage important change communications, putting business context and what it means for employees at the center of messaging.
- Manage internal communications cadence and design, write, edit, and oversee the distribution of internal communication materials via the company newsletter, SharePoint, emails, webcasts, employee meetings, and other communication formats.
- Build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders across the organization.
- Liaise with Marketing, Public Relations, Human Resources, and IT Leadership.
- Collaborate with HR on people priorities and communications.
Montefiore requires employees to live in NY, NJ, CT, or PA and to be vaccinated, including for COVID and flu.
- Experience in a comparable role in an enterprise IT organization.
- Experience measuring progress toward achieving stated communication objectives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and other tooling and platforms (e.g., Social Chorus, Canva, etc.) to create content for communications deliverables.
- Strong writer across both traditional and digital channels.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proven ability to develop strong working relationships across a complex organization including with executive leadership.
- Experience in copywriting, editing, and web design.
- Knowledge of photo and video-editing software
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively within teams, on multiple projects with shifting deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to exercise discretion and judgement in sensitive matters.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
Montefiore Information Technology Bargaining Unit:
Non Union Campus:
YONKERS Employment Status:
Regular Full-Time Address:
3 Odell Plaza, YonkersShift:
Day Scheduled Hours:
8:30 AM-5 PM Req ID:
214990 Salary Range/Pay Rate:
$65,700.00 - $87,600.00
For positions that have only a rate listed, the displayed rate is the hiring rate but could be subject to change based on shift differential, experience, education or other relevant factors.
To learn more about the “Montefiore Difference” – who we are at Montefiore and all that we have to offer our associates, please click here .
Diversity, equity and inclusion are core values of Montefiore. We are committed to recruiting and creating an environment in which associates feel empowered to thrive and be their authentic selves through our inclusive culture. We welcome your interest and invite you to join us.
Montefiore is an equal employment opportunity employer. Montefiore will recruit, hire, train, transfer, promote, layoff and discharge associates in all job classifications without regard to their race, color, religion, creed, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, gender, actual or presumed disability, history of disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, pregnancy, military status, marital status, or partnership status, or any other characteristic protected by law.