Title: EHSS Specialist II
Location: Bothell, WA
Start date: ASAP
Pay Rate Range: $28 - 32/hrOverview
A Leading Global Biotech Company, with a location in Bothell, WA is looking to bring on an EHS Specialist II to join their team. Candidates with Safety and EPA or OSHA Regulations experience, please apply!
The EHSS specialist 2 is responsible for development, implementation and management of 5 - 6 EHSS programs. The role will support site EHSS managers with minimal to moderate supervision in implementing EHSS program including Framework, standards implementation, SOP development, risk assessment, site competence/capabilities, high severity risk control (duty holder), site governance, EHSS management of change, and ensures compliance to company/legal requirements. The role will also support in the day-to-day aspects of the EHSS Management System, advising leadership, develop and promote strong EHSS culture, and ensure strong EHSS engagement. The Specialist will be responsible for partnering with internal customers from various departments and external clients and vendors as needed.
Work is reviewed for soundness of technical judgment, overall adequacy and accuracy. Applies job skills and company's policies and procedures to complete a wide range of tasks.
- Researches, interprets, and keeps up to date with regulatory requirements, consensus standards, best management practice and standards and policies.
- Develops, administers and implements 5-6 environmental, health, and safety programs (a subset of EHS departments responsibilities) of moderate to high complexity in accordance with regulatory and company requirements under supervision. Responsible for management of change in programs, procedures in their respective program areas. Develops training materials and provides training to internal and external customers as needed in their area of responsibility
- Responsible for performing job hazard assessments, recommends the appropriate hazard controls and implementation.
- Drafts and revises standard operating procedures in collaboration with internal customer to ensure safety and health of personnel and the effectiveness of services provided.
- Assesses compliance with policy, local, state and federal regulations in their respective programs through audits and makes improvement to programs and procedures.
- Represents the EHSS with internal/external stake holders at all functional levels of the organization.
- Participates in meeting, conferences, committees as directed EHSS managers to facilitate efficient EHSS operations.
- Takes ownership of content for their respective programs on EHSS webpage, newsletter and bulletin boards.
- Conducts routine and follow-up inspections of their respective building and of labs/office areas/manufacturing areas, utility yards etc as assigned
- Responds to emergency situations as a part of emergency response team involving hazardous materials, fire and smoke incidents and other hazards. Develops prepares reports of findings and submits recommendations.
- Perform incident investigation in coordination with appropriate stakeholders, develop corrective actions, ensures implementation of the corrective actions in their respective building or as assigned.
- Participate in technical reviews pertaining to their respective programs.
- Performs job duties as assigned by EHSS managers.
- Assists in preparation reports for and regulatory agencies under minimal supervision.
- Participates in meeting, conferences, committees as directed by management to facilitate efficient EHSS operations
- 5+ years of experience in EHSS field preferably in a biotechnology or Pharma R&D/laboratory environment
- Strong understanding of Chemical and Biological laboratory operations
- Familiar with relevant regulations, consensus standards, best management practices
- Ability to prepare clear, concise, and accurate investigation reports
- Ability to lead without authority and build an engaged workforce
- Ability to Work on problems of moderate to high complexity where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.
- Ability to exercise judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Frequent use and application of technical standards, principles, concepts and techniques.
- Ability to build productive internal/external working relationships. Contributes to the completion of milestones associated with specific projects.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision of senior members of the EHSS department.
- Bachelor's degree in safety, environmental or related field from four-year College or university
- Masters degree and certifications such as CIH, CSP, CHMM or other applicable professional certifications are desirable
System One, and its subsidiaries including Joulé, ALTA IT Services, CM Access, and MOUNTAIN, LTD., are leaders in delivering outsourced services and workforce solutions across North America. We help clients get work done more efficiently and economically, without compromising quality. System One not only serves as a valued partner for our clients, but we offer eligible employees health and welfare benefits coverage options including medical, dental, vision, spending accounts, life insurance, voluntary plans, as well as participation in a 401(k) plan.
System One is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, family care or medical leave status, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.