The Mediavine Marketing and Communications team is currently looking to fill the open position of Sr. Marketing Manager - Revenue.About Mediavine
Mediavine is a fast-growing advertising management company representing over 10,000 websites in the food, lifestyle, DIY, and entertainment space. Founded by content creators, for content creators, Mediavine is a Top 20 Comscore property, exclusively reaching over 125 million monthly unique visitors. With best-in-class technology and a commitment to traffic quality and brand safety, we ensure optimal performance for our creators.
Mission & Culture
We help content creators build sustainable businesses. From educational tools and cutting-edge plugins to ad technology that maximizes earnings without slowing down your site, our motivation is ensuring your brand and business grow in every respect.
We are striving to build an inclusive and diverse team of highly talented individuals that reflects the industries we serve and the world we live in. We are committed to creating a culture where everyone feels welcomed. We are looking for individuals that will challenge us to continuously evolve and make Mediavine the employer of choice for people of all backgrounds. We strongly encourage minorities and individuals from underrepresented groups in technology to apply for this position.
Diversity and inclusion aren't platitudes to us; we take them seriously. Have a look at our team and read through our blog posts to learn more about our values and to discover if Mediavine is the place for you!
Position Title & Overview:
While a key member of the MarComm team, this role is responsible for strategizing and implementing marketing initiatives for the Mediavine Revenue division, which includes the Sales and Ad Ops teams. The ideal candidate will have experience in adtech and an understanding of the programmatic industry, along with time spent standing up marketing campaigns for Sales/Ad Ops departments.
For this role, you’ll be a creative and quantitative thinker. You should be familiar with various marketing techniques; like metric tracking, development of go-to-market campaigns, creative messaging and market research. You love collecting feedback from multiple sources and translating technical speak into winning content and collateral. You’ll be responsible for developing positioning, messaging and campaigns that surface opportunities for growth. Your goal will be to develop and implement the most profitable plans to position and promote Mediavine to various audiences and partners
The MarComm team is responsible for branding and promoting Mediavine’s many product offerings, from full service ad management to WordPress plugins. MarComm also produces all of Mediavine’s educational content (including blog posts, Facebook Lives, videos, emails and social media), as well as all events, both in person and digital. Additionally, the MarComm team is responsible for all internal and external communications, including pr and thought leadership pieces, as well as producing collateral that equips our internal teams for success. We are searching for the latest member to add to our growing team.
The Sr. Marketing Manager - Revenue is on the MarComm team, reporting directly to the VP of Marketing & Communications. They will also work cross functionally with other teams across Mediavine to drive commercial success through customer-centric messaging, data-driven analysis, marketplace intelligence, and creative problem-solving.
- Liaise between the Revenue team and the MarComm team, meeting regularly with each and providing insight to guide the MarComm’s asset creation for the Revenue team; proactively conceptualizing and creating collateral like white papers, one-sheets, deck updates, etc.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of our products and the value it provides to potential buyers and customers
- Build simple and differentiated sales narratives tied to Mediavine’s value proposition and target market segments
- Research and assist in defining buyer personas, their pain points, buying process, and criteria, and transfer knowledge to the MarComm team, along with Product and Revenue teams
- In collaboration with the Communications Pod, proactively look for opportunities to get Mediavine in the news and in front of partners/potential buyers
- Contribute to the creation of compelling messaging and positioning for Mediavine’s offerings that translate to one-sheeters, decks, roadmaps, landing pages, ad campaigns, social media, email campaigns and more that you either create or facilitate the creation of through your MarComm teammates
- Play a key contributing role in product/feature launches by supporting the go-to-market research with an eye towards buyers and partners
- Know the needs, buyer journey, language and overall mindset of the market customer segment and turn those insights into messages and programs that resonate
- Deliver, test and evolve the content and messages that drive our lead acquisition funnel, this includes creating core messages for every stage of the funnel
- Continually provide support in conducting data deep dives to assess the success of current marketing efforts and make recommendations for adjustments accordingly
- Assist in optimizing workflows within marketing by identifying, recommending, and implementing process improvements related to assigned areas of responsibility
- Required travel on an as needed basis, for our annual All Hands Retreat, MarComm Retreat(s) and industry events/conferences (up to 30%)
- Perform other duties as assigned, for example, newsletter creation and educational content planning
- Applicants must be based in the United States
- BS/BA in Marketing, Business or a similar field
- 8+ years of professional experience, in marketing preferred
- 6+ years experience in Marketing for a Sales, Revenue and/or Growth focused line of business
- 5+ years experience in programmatic AdTech, required
- Proven experience with the hands-on development of marketing and sales tools (whitepapers, presentations, articles, competitive profiles, blogs and webinars)
- Ability to collaborate well and work together remotely; keeping in touch when co-working on projects
- Experience developing and maintaining an email marketing campaign
- Proven track record with successfully launching new products/services
- Strong positioning and storytelling skills with the experience to take in ideas from a broad set of stakeholders and narrow them down to sharp and concise messaging
- Ability to influence across the company and work cross-functionally, partnering with teams across Mediavine, such as Revenue, Engineering, Product Management, Support & Customer Success and other functions
- Familiarity with marketing tactics and Go-to-Market strategies (e.g. integrated marketing campaigns)
- Working knowledge of web analytics tools (Google Analytics)
- Strong ability to synthesize large amounts of information and present to different audiences in clear and effective ways
- Strong ability to execute and problem solve; someone who can be resourceful and creative
- Ability to work independently and take initiative, while keeping attention to detail and commitment to producing high-quality work
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Experience working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Travel up to (30%)
- Remote work environment
- Travel opportunities
- Comprehensive benefits including 401k, Health, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Learning allowance
- Generous Vacation/Time off policies
- Additional side benefits such as home-office upgrades, tuition reimbursement, paid gym memberships and wellness retreats, upgraded flights, cool swag and more
- Company match charitable donations
Mediavine is an Equal Opportunity Employer