We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we’ll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.Job Description
Want to work with one of America’s most beloved and trusted brands? The TODAY Digital team is a force of creativity, imagination and collaboration. We’re currently looking for a passionate Registered Dietitian and nutritionist to join our health team. The Nutrition Editor/Registered Dietitian should have a trusted passion in all things wellness and nutrition, with proven expertise in helping people achieve their health goals. This person will be responsible for creating robust meal plans for a variety of health goals for our TODAY audience.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project/limited term position, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed. This is a 40hr/week PEP freelance position.Responsibilities
- Contribute to TODAY Digital’s health vertical by creating and producing expert led meal plans for a variety of goals and functions
- Serve as our in-house expert on all things nutrition and meal planning for TODAY Digital audiences
- Oversee and create monthly nutrition offerings that include meal plans, recipes, and social programming/management
- Drive the daily conversation with fresh takes in the nutrition space
- Oversee some social and newsletter programming around diet and nutrition
- Develop relationships with trusted health experts and sources - and know exactly who to call for input and collaboration
- Pitch and plan content related to seasonal health topics and health awareness days and months
- Run cross-platform projects that may have text and multimedia elements on air, online and on social and newsletter platforms
- Work closely with broadcast bookers, producers and correspondents on segments centered around nutrition and meal planning
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
- Background and certification as a Registered Dietitian
- Experience as a clinical Registered Dietitian working directly with patients
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing nutritionist with additional experience creating meal plans
- Proven experience with recipe and meal plan creation as part of a nutrition-focused content offering.
- A portfolio of skills: Strong and fast writing and editing; clever and SEO-friendly tactics
- Be quick and accurate: Typos drive you crazy. Factual errors keep you up at night. You stay calm under pressure, think fast and turn solutions around quickly. You’re familiar and have worked with AP Style.
- Appreciation for TODAY’s broad range of topics and personalities — from hard news to entertainment to lifestyle, celebrities and newsmakers to ordinary individuals, with a good grasp of topics and stories of high interest to women and young families — is required.
- The shift will be Monday to Friday, with regular coverage for holidays and special events.
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to prioritize while multitasking
- Desire to work in a creative, demanding, competitive but highly rewarding news environment
- Comfort being an independent self-starter, but also part of a multi-location, multi-time zone team
- Active awareness of TODAY personalities and brands
- A robust and diverse source list built out surrounding the health beat
- Speaks fluent Instagram, TikTok and Facebook, and has ideas for how to harvest and promote stories on social platforms
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $70,000 - $90,000Additional Information
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.