NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced, and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal’s commitment and how we are making an impactJob Description
Financial product recommendation site CNBC Select and shopping site NBC Select are seeking an Commerce Editor to help manage our ecommerce newsletters, referral traffic partnerships and support the audience development team’s paid social efforts.
This person will be responsible for newsletter strategy, as well as writing optimized copy for newsletters, pitching and writing articles for paid social campaigns, facilitating linking between sites and maintaining content aggregator sites. This person must be comfortable pulling and analyzing performance data to make informed decisions and optimize content across multiple platforms as well as reporting and writing content. The role will focus largely on CNBC Select, but work with both brands. The team is adding this role to expand our existing ecommerce strategy, so prior experience in commerce publishing/editorial, DTC or affiliate businesses is a must.Responsibilities
- Optimize editorial strategy and content for newsletter opens, clicks, conversions and ultimately revenue
- Work closely with Audience Development team to gauge performance, create sends and come up with new franchise and content ideas that can work for each brand
- Take on the CNBC Select and NBC Select brand voices to edit our newsletters and write copy as needed.
- Pitch, write, and report content optimized for SEM as needed.
- Pull performance data and create reports for larger edit team
- Act as liaison between Audience Development and larger CNBC Select and NBC Select teams
- Collaborate on acquisition tactics with the Audience Development team to increase newsletter subscribers
- Stay up to date on best practices for posting on aggregate networks such as Flipboard and Apple News
- Maintain regular pitch partnerships with contacts at aggregate networks
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $85,000-$95,000Qualifications
- 3+ years newsletter experience
- Understanding of and interest in the digital personal finance space, as well as interest in the lifestyle space
- Ability to write and edit concise and clean copy under a tight deadline
- Knowledge of industry best practices for newsletter and social
- Strong understanding of using analytics and performance data to grow a newsletter audience
- Familiarity with content aggregator sites (Flipboard, Pocket, Apple News, etc.) and best practices associated
- An idea-generator with opinions on how to meet and grow our audience
- Collaborative mindset to work as part of multiple cross-functional teams
- Experience with Sailthru preferred
- E-commerce experience a must
- Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing AccessibilitySupport@nbcuni.com.