See yourself at NBCU! Be a part of our intern community, a diverse group of curious and passionate trailblazers who we believe are the future of our industry.
The NBCUniversal Internship Program allows students to unlock their potential by contributing to big projects in meaningful ways that matter. To thrive as an NBCU intern, you are ready to bring your passion for media, entertainment, and technology along with your desire to learn each day.
Your professional development is important to us. NBCU interns receive career prep, leadership exposure, connection to other interns, networking, and of course, all the fun you can imagine along the way.
In addition to all of our internships being paid, we will also offer the following for our Summer 2024 interns:
Summer 2024 Recruitment Timeline
- Paid company holidays for full-time interns.
- Robust networking, learning and development opportunities.
- Financial assistance to offset expenses for transportation and housing may be available on a needs-based basis for eligible in-person interns. More details about eligibility for this assistance will be provided at the time of offer.
November 13 – December 8:
Applications Open (may close early due to applicant volume)Mid November – Late December:
First round video interviewsMid – Late January:
Second round interviewsLate January – February:
Selected candidates receive offersJob Description
Summer 2024 Internship Program:
- Applications Close: December 8th at 11:59pm ET. Pro Tip: Submit your application as soon as possible – applications could close earlier due to applicant volume!
- Program Dates: June 3 – August 9, 2024
- Time Commitment: 40 hours per week. Exact schedule to be determined based on business need.
- Format: Opportunities listed will require an intern to work from 30 Rockefeller Plaza 3-5 days per week.
- Submit a one-page resume that outlines your work experience, accomplishments, and your graduation month and year.
- Submit a cover letter that highlights your passion for NBCUniversal, the locations (listed below) you are open to for internships, and your top areas of interest (opportunities listed below).
- Upload a transcript (unofficial transcripts are fine) that confirms your status as an actively enrolled student in a degree-granting program.
Areas of placement may include, but are not limited to:
NBC News Audience Development: Newsletters & Paid Media, SEO
The Audience Development team is a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary team that is deeply embedded in departments across the News Digital org – editorial, product, e-commerce, data and analytics, to name a few. The primary goal of the Audience Development team is to acquire new audiences and grow existing ones, using real-time data and analytics to inform success. Major responsibilities of the team include SEO (search engine optimization), paid content distribution and performance marketing, newsletter operations and tech, and reengagement and recirculation tactics. Interns on this team have an amazing opportunity to participate in all of these responsibilities and partner directly with writers, editors, producers and executives.
NBC News Communications
This intern will work strictly on digital PR which is a cross department group for NBC News, TODAY and MSNBC. Responsibilities may include creating press lists, organizing files, setting up meetings/calendar requests, research, award submissions, light pitching, etc. Interns focus primarily on product/digital promotion.
NBC News & MSNBC Marketing (Production)
The intern is a member of the NBC News & MSNBC Marketing team where they will aid in the production and post-production of advertising, promotion and marketing materials for NBC News. They will develop understanding of the network brands by supporting day-to-day operations of the creative team. Interns will have the opportunity to engage in a portfolio project allowing them to learn and grow in creative and strategic skillsets.
NBCU News Group Human Resources
The News Group Human Resources Intern will support the Global HR team with various projects and deliverables and will gain exposure to the full employee life cycle. This includes recruitment, on-boarding, learning and development, employee engagement initiatives, performance management, reporting/analytics, and off-boarding. This is an exciting opportunity to help support employees that work on brands such as TODAY, News Now, MSNBC, CNBC, Nightly News and more.
MSNBC Media Relations/Press Office
The MSNBC Media Relations intern will assist the Media Relations team with day-to-day activities managing publicity and communications of MSNBC. Responsibilities may include assisting in media monitoring and daily clippings, managing the MSNBC Media Relations’ social media account, including monitoring and drafting tweets, pitching daily show content and writing press releases, attending press events including press tours and special events, and more.
NBC News Group Consumer Insights
The NBC News Group Consumer Insights team looks to identify and understand the ‘why’ behind the ratings. Consumer Insights use a variety of quantitative research (surveys, dial tests) and qualitative methods (focus groups, online communities, content analysis) to understand audience connection points with the NBC News, MSNBC and CNBC brands and programs. Our research informs editorial, marketing and ad sales efforts across linear and digital platforms.
CNBC Events hosts 60+ virtual and in-person experiences throughout the year creating compelling content delivered by our premiere on-air talent that empowers key audiences to make informed decisions which ultimately translates into a very engaging marketing environment for brands. The team is structured across the editorial, audience development, production and sales & marketing groups. This intern will have a rotational experience focusing on key projects.Qualifications
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the entire duration of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without visa sponsorship by NBCUniversal.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
- Students with class standing of junior or above preferred.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above.
- Strong interest in the media industry; knowledge of business news is a plus.
- Commitment to building an inclusive work environment.
- Ability to multitask and highly organized.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Interest in both quantitative and qualitative research.
- Previous internship experience or college/university leadership; newsroom environment preferred.
- For Production/Editorial: Experience on a school newspaper or campus news station is a plus.
- For Creative/Digital: Experience with social media platforms and various creative tools (i.e. Adobe Photoshop or Premiere, Avid) preferred.
- Desired Majors: Brand Management, Broadcast Media, Business, Communications, Digital Media, Digital Video, English, Finance, Human Resource Management, Journalism, Market Research, Marketing, Mass Media, News Writing and Reporting, Production, Social Media.
The hourly rate for student interns is $17.00.Additional Information
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.