Generation W Inc, is a nonprofit service organization focused on educating, inspiring, and connecting women and girls. It is dedicated to building community, bringing people together, and advancing and enhancing their lives. Generation W has developed and executes several programs, Generation W, Generation WOW and Generation WORKS and WOWsdom!
The Generation W Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications is responsible for creating and enhancement of the organization’s marketing and communications plan to advance Generation W’s brand identity, broaden awareness and visibility of our programs, and enable us to better tell our story. The director will work with the executive leadership, staff, and board of directors to maintain a consistent media presence and by creating/supporting the creation of compelling, timely, and relevant content for distribution in a breath of modalities.
We are seeking an outgoing, creative, goal-oriented, highly organized individual. The ideal candidate must be able to collaborate in a team environment, possess strong writing skills, and work under pressure in a fast-paced work environment allowing you to make a meaningful contribution to the Generation W organization as a whole.
- The Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications will be responsible for developing a comprehensive strategic marketing and communications plan for the organization and all its programs.
- Develop project goals, strategies, and work plans for multiple marketing communications projects including but not limited to CRM, newsletter, annual impact report, coordination, and campaign creative for business development.
- Research and analytics to measure impact and adapt plans to effectively execute projects to meet goals.
- Devise innovative strategies and campaigns to support the fundraising team.
- Develop and implement specific collateral to support effective fundraising, brand development, communications, and public and corporate relations activities.
- Manage all media and public relations including direct contact with the press and management of any 3rd party agencies.
- Closely collaborate with program staff and senior management on content development and copywriting (digital media and video, social media, zoom cast/podcast, print marketing materials)
- Ensure the Generation W website is up to date with relevant information about our programs and events.
- Help develop social media and other content development including designing, developing, and executing marketing themes and campaigns, and building online relationships.
- Establish and track budget for projects.
- Manage multiple vendors including negotiating contracts and task and budget supervision.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred with a focus on journalism, public relations, marketing, or other communications-related field.
· Four or more years of significant experience leading communications strategy, ideally in the non-profit sector.
· Experience managing staff.
· Strong demonstrated ability to connect and communicate with diverse audiences.
· Experience and comfort with both traditional media, as well as existing and emerging digital/online communications platforms, including X, Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube.
· Technological experience in Wordpress, Google Analytics, Canva, Donately, and other marketing tools.
- Ability to collaboratively develop and execute new strategic marketing initiatives
- Lead content strategy to ensure high-quality development, design, production and distribution of a wide array of communications deliverables (e.g., newsletters, personalized email campaigns, press releases, fundraising deck, fact sheets, one-pagers, reports, flyers, presentations, multimedia content).
- Analyze data and interpret results and impact of communications activities, and report regularly on developments, trends, and attitudes regarding public education in Jacksonville and JPEF’s priorities and initiatives; develop communications recommendations.
Additional Skills, Knowledge and Abilities Required:
· Highly motivated and self-driven individual. A passionate and creative professional who leads with the mission in mind and the values of Generation W.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills particularly for business development proposals, social media, and digital media.
· History of and commitment to bringing creative ideas to personal and professional communications and problem-solving.
· Maturity and confidence to work internally and externally with various leaders, partners, staff, and consultants to support the organization’s efforts.
· Strong organizational skills and attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize deliverables, and handle unanticipated demands and requests with a positive outlook.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter, self-motivated, and comfortable operating with strategic direction and autonomy to deliver results.
· Excellent planning, management, and evaluation skills.
· Passionate about the mission of the organization.
GENERATION W VALUE SET
The Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications should demonstrate competence in the following:
• Creativity/Innovation: Develop new and unique ways to improve the operations of the organization and the Program. Ability to utilize an open mindset, fluidity of thought, and ability to pivot based on changing situations.
• Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
• Plan: Develop processes and determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate the process and results.
• Problem Solver: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
• Support Ethical Culture: Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that your own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.