Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications
About Lee’s Famous Recipe Chicken:
For more than 55 years, Lee’s Famous Recipe® Chicken, a regional quick service restaurant franchise has specialized in fresh, never frozen chicken. Today, there are 130 Lee's Famous RecipeChicken locations in 12 U.S. states and in Canada that are all individually owned and operated. Recently we were voted #1 fast food fried chicken in the USA Today Readers Choice Awards.
With a new ownership group and leadership team in place, the brand is actively working to reinvent itself and has aggressive growth plans for the future. Working on the Lee's Famous RecipeChicken corporate team feels like managing a legacy brand and joining a start up company all at the same time.
While our company headquarters is located in the Florida panhandle, this position will be a remote, field-based, opportunity. Ideally, a candidate would live in Ohio, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois or Missouri where the majority of our restaurants are, but for the right candidate location can be flexible.
Reporting directly to the Vice President of Marketing, the Sr. Manager of Marketing & Communications is a vital member of our restaurant support team. They will own certain parts of our marketing & communication plans regarding off-premise sales and help collaborate on the overall brand strategy. This person will need to be a self-motivated, high-energy, team player with a service mindset who can connect with everyone in the organization from the CEO to the restaurant team member. The ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies will be key. This role will serve as a communications consultant, partnering with senior leadership to support all aspects of our business.
- Responsible for helping all Lee’s restaurants (corporate-owned, franchised, licensed) drive incremental sales through off-premise channels including Lee’s Rewards App, third-party delivery, and catering
- Oversee local store marketing for our 17 corporate-owned locations including budget management, strategic planning and tactical execution
- Manage relationships with delivery service partners, including negotiation of preferred partnerships and marketing efforts
- Drive increased participation with delivery service partners and the Lee’s Rewards program by effectively communicating the benefits to the franchisee/licensee community
- Review, update, and create Lee’s Catering marketing collateral, operational procedures, and best practices to help Lee’s restaurants drive incremental catering sales
- Create and track KPIs to monitor sales across off-premise channels for entire brand and corporate stores
- Lead franchisee/licensee communication strategy and tactics including e-mail updates, monthly newsletter and development and management of a company intranet
- Assist with the planning and execution of the annual brand franchisee/licensee conference and other company events as needed
- Support Vice President of Marketing as needed in all aspects of interaction with agency partner and local store marketing efforts, including new store opening support
- 5-7+ years' experience in a QSR marketing role, preferably with some internal communications responsibilities
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; including editing and copywriting
- The ability to simplify complex information into engaging content that can resonate with diverse audiences that include company leadership, franchisees & restaurant team members
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills with ability to collaborate & partner with a variety of departments and stakeholders
- Excellent multi-tasking skills, able to set own priorities, and work under tight deadline pressure
- Strong project management skills
- Experience leading external agency partners/consultants
- Adaptable and humble, willing to take on projects big and small
- Capable of learning and becoming a subject matter expert on new technologies
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, advertising, English or relevant field
- Experience with communication tools like email platforms and company intranets.
- Familiarity with presentation and graphic design software (PPT, Adobe, etc.) a plus
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER WITH YOUR RESUME WHEN APPLYING.