Reports directly to the Practice Administrator and must develop and manage comprehensive marketing operations, identifying concepts and strategy for program development, creation of marketing collateral, media engagement, advertising, promotional materials, and special events with the ultimate goal of growing business at Advanced Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine. Responsible for planning programs and events that build relationships between practice, physician referrals and patients, as well as position the practice’s products and services favorably in the healthcare market. Collaborate with physician network to develop executable vision for integrated marketing campaigns across digital, print, and broadcast outlets. Allocate marketing-spend resources, ensuring alignment with business objectives. Other duties: Foster relationships with external companies to facilitate materials production and ad placement with local agencies, orchestrate physician speaking engagements at industry conference and events, posting and editing content on the company/physician’s websites, and promoting the social media presence of the practice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops, implements, and revises short and long-term marketing plans.
- Supervises and conducts research designed to evaluate market position on a periodic basis.
- Develops public relations goals, objectives, and plans.
- Develops and distributes regular press releases for print and television coverage.
- Researches and develops story ideas for media coverage. Contacts the appropriate media sources regarding press releases and media alerts as they relate to new developments and information.
- Writes, produces, and creates all types of communications, including press releases, newsletters, brochures, and collateral material.
- Works with physicians to identify specialty areas to be developed and emphasizes product/services to targeted audiences.
- Coordinates all marketing efforts, including advertising, print and promotional materials, seminars, and other public relations/continuing affair efforts.
- Performs other duties as requested by the Practice Administrator to ensure the efficient operation of the clinic and the attainment of clinic goals.
- Attendance to local conference opportunities at least once/year
- Management and response to all online reviews
- Complex system of monthly reporting on referral sends from all sources, physicians, etc.
- Provider marketing onboarding process which extends to MDs, PTs, PTAs, OTs, OTAs, PAs and NPs
- Provider offboarding process which mainly extends to MDs and includes letters to patients and referring physicians
- Management of photography (quarterly for PT/OT), site photography, and group photography (once/year)
- Creation of simple video marketing for use on social media, YouTube and on the AOSM website which includes videography of content, editing and promotion
- Coordination with outside videography for professional video material
2. Physician Relations
- Monitors and maintains a referring physician database and monitors the referring activity.
- Identifying/developing new referral sources
- Direct marketing to referring physicians to include keeping referral sources stocked with practice material
- Arranging meetings between practice physicians and referral sources
- Coordinate all marketing activities, including entertaining, holiday cards and/or gifts, etc.
- Implements and manages tools for measurement of referring physician satisfaction
- Management of ER add-ons- availability required nights/weekends to intake referring physician calls
- Contact and connection with corporate entities in the healthcare space
3. Social Media
- Develops all aspects of company website/s.
- Designing and implementing social media campaigns
- Monitoring and updating social media sites
- Managing content on practice and individual physician websites, ensuring that our sites are effective marketing and sales support vehicles with our external customers
- Responsible for tracking website traffic, modifying and improving the website based on site visitors
- Responsible for tracking and managing positioning on Google and other search engines
- Monitors, updates, and maintains the recording for the clinic telephone system on-hold messages.
- Update blog regularly, as well as community engagement page of website with all outreach event opportunities
4. Direct community marketing
- Designs and implements community outreach programs to promote organization awareness of AOSM within the community including events and participation in CyFair and Tomball Chamber of Commerce events
- Coordinates marketing efforts with local school athletic program and other sports teams
- Suggest ways for a company to improve the results from its marketing efforts and perceived need in the community
- Track marketing campaigns to assess possible ways to improve their results including analyzation of COA and ROI as needed
- Implements and manages tools for measurement of patient/community satisfaction
- Establishes priorities for communication campaigns essential to increasing the payer mix and regaining targeted sectors of the market.
- Receives and reviews all community and business requests to the clinic for advertising, sponsorship, donations, etc.
- Management of annual scholarship including promotion, intake, vetting process, and reward of a recipient
5. Internal Marketing
- Manage content, write and publish quarterly internal AOSM newsletter
- Plan applicable internal events (i.e. Christmas party, open house events, company picnic)
- Proof and order business cards and office forms as needed
- Implementation of voting campaigns for BOTB (rally staff votes, extend to patients)
- Creation and print of internal signage
- Occasional HR work using LinkedIn, promotion of various job openings at events when applicable
- Coordination of staff volunteer events (yearly blood drive, holiday food/goods drive, garnering volunteers for marketing events)
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education (courses in marketing, advertising, mass communications, statistics and public speaking) and experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing or related field preferred
- Two to three or more years of previous marketing experience in health care related marketing (Northwest Houston) preferred
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles and accounting software
- Strong personal computer and software skills including use of spreadsheets, word processing, presentation, email software applications.
- Comfortable in use of social media
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, cooperative work attitude toward co-employees, management, patients, visitors, outsourced companies and physicians
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize work
- Candidates should also be able to prioritize projects with little supervision and meet tight deadlines
- Experience in Canva
The job duties listed in this job description may not be inclusive of all requirements of this position. Other duties may be assigned by your supervisor through a written request.
All positions with ADVANCED ORTHOPAEDICS AND SPORTS MEDICINE are to use due care in the use and communication of patients’ protected health information. It is every employee’s principal job function to ensure patient confidentiality and failure to maintain confidentiality may, and will, result in sanction and/or discharge.