Senior EditorJob Description
Food & Wine is looking for a Senior Digital Editor to ideate, write, and edit smart, thoughtful travel and restaurant content for FoodandWine.com. The Senior Digital Editor will manage our travel tentpoles including Global Tastemakers, create articles for our website, and work with the Senior Editorial Director to produce seasonal and evergreen travel- and food-driven stories and packages. The ideal candidate is an exceptional writer with an eye for detail, highly organized, and experienced in researching stories in order to produce accurate and on-brand content. This person is deadline-driven; able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment; be highly organized; able to juggle multiple responsibilities simultaneously; collaborate with other teams; and have a firm grasp of analytics and digital publishing processes and best practices. Must be proactive in prioritizing daily, weekly, and long-term tasks while working across departments including editorial, photo, design, social media, and marketing. A passion for food, travel, and restaurants and an understanding of how to create content that connects with readers across platforms and media is a must.This Position Will
Essential Job Functions
- Lead development of travel and restaurant strategy to drive audience growth and consumer engagement, working with digital director and deputy digital editor.
- Lead the development of high-quality, data-driven digital food content for the site, as a partner with our video team and for our digital channels, including but not limited to search, social media and email.
- Develop and execute compelling, brand-appropriate editorial programs to drive audience growth and engagement and facilitate sponsorship opportunities.
- Conceive of and execute multimedia, longform content packages that combine quality journalism, compelling visual storytelling and topical subject matter
- Ideate, pitch, write, assign and edit food-focused content—about ingredients, tips and techniques, tools, recipes and more.
- Work with the Meredith Food Studios and/or freelance recipe developers to create new recipes.
- Coordinate photography of digital recipes with visuals editor.
- Collaborate with counterparts on the print editorial team to align on major brand initiatives, franchises and to support cross-platform sales opportunities. Work with print team to digitally publish and promote content from magazine.
- Participate in digital video ideation and creation process.
- Participate in the RFP process as needed to pitch editorial concepts for sponsorship opportunities.
- Be a thought leader in the digital food space. Attend and/or present at industry events to increase brand and personal profile internally and externally and grow contacts network of freelance writers and editors and expand skills.
- Monitor competitor activities taking appropriate actions to maintain a leadership position.
- Participate in other digital food projects as needed.
- Ideate, pitch, write, and edit articles about restaurants, chefs, and travel that meet our audience needs, brand voice, and organic search needs.
- Track opportunities and trends for top-performing content using analytics tools (SEMRush, Looker, Google Analytics) and use those insights to create content that addresses those opportunities.
- Collaborate on editorial projects with other teams including print, social, newsletter, growth (SEO), video, and photo.
- Manage the Global Tastemakers editorial tentpole.
- Work with growth team to identify growth opportunities.
- Assist in development and execution of compelling, brand-appropriate editorial programs to drive audience growth and engagement and facilitate sponsorship opportunities.
- Participate in digital video ideation and creation process for one-off videos and multimedia, longform content packages that combine quality journalism, compelling visual storytelling, and topical subject matter.
- Represent Food & Wine at industry events and connect with chefs and PR representatives on behalf of the brand.
- 5-7 years digital food and travel writing experience.
- 3-5 years digital food and travel editing experience.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Proven understanding of SEO best practices and analytics.
It is the policy of Meredith Operations Corporation ("Dotdash Meredith", "the Company") to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, the Company will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Accommodation requests can be made by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Company participates in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further information about the E-Verify program, please click here: https://www.e-verify.gov/employeesPay Range
Salary: $63,000 - $90,000
The pay range above represents the anticipated low and high end of the pay range for this position and may change in the future. Actual pay may vary and may be above or below the range based on various factors including but not limited to work location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Dotdash Meredith’s total compensation package for employees. Other compensation may include annual bonuses, and short- and long-term incentives. In addition, Dotdash Meredith provides to employees (and their eligible family members) a variety of benefits, including medical, dental, vision, prescription drug coverage, unlimited paid time off (PTO), adoption or surrogate assistance, donation matching, tuition reimbursement, basic life insurance, basic accidental death & dismemberment, supplemental life insurance, supplemental accident insurance, commuter benefits, short term and long term disability, health savings and flexible spending accounts, family care benefits, a generous 401K savings plan with a company match program, 10-12 paid holidays annually, and generous paid parental leave (birthing and non-birthing parents), all of which may vary depending on the specific nature of your employment with Dotdash Meredith and your work location. We also offer voluntary benefits such as pet insurance, accident, critical and hospital indemnity health insurance coverage, life and disability insurance.