The Social Director/Lifestyle Director plans and oversees social events for the community and reports to the Property Manager.
The Social Director/Lifestyle Director also provides exemplary service in a manner consistent with the values and mission of the Castle Group. He or she performs all responsibilities while demonstrating outstanding customer service skills representative of Castle Royal Service as it relates to this function. This includes working interdepartmentally, as well as, with our external customers.
(May include some or all of the following as applicable)
- Schedule with Property Manager annual special projects and Club House Maintenance.
- Work with the Social Committee chairperson and Board liaison to plan and execute social events.
- Plan, coordinate and implement all Association-funded events and/or shows; including but not limited to, budgeting for the activity, ticket sales, scheduling room use, facilitating preparations (Set-up, execution and break down) and procurement of all supplies needed for the activities.
- Attend all events and shows that are funded and supported by the Association.
- Attend other shows and events as needed, to be coordinated with the Social Committee.
- Meet and work with talent and travel agents and attend local showcases to preview events for possible presentation to the community.
- Selects events and classes for the year.
- Must be comfortable speaking in front of a crowd - giving reports on the community social events at board of directors’ meetings and also introducing events.
- Publish social calendar for distribution both electronically and club house.
- Negotiates necessary contracts relating to the presentation of shows, workshops, classes and other forms of entertainment.
- Create printed information for distribution, including performer bios, show synopses or itineraries for events, and posters and flyers advertising events and classes.
- Maintain complete and current files for all events, including copies of all event-related items; i.e., performer bios and show synopses; contracts; flyers; tickets; ticket sale related information; itineraries; critiques and recommendations, etc.
- Maintain accurate financial records relating to all events, including submitting check and petty cash requests for event expenditures, balancing checks with ticket sales, completing deposit slips and making deposits, tallying total costs and sales for submitting sales and usage taxes.
- Edit and produce Community Association Newsletter and solicit advertising for newsletter.
- Maintain accurate financial record relating to the News Letter.
- Update community access channel.
- Prepare report to be included in the various management reports.
- Prepare articles for various associations publications, including E-blasts.
- Serve as management representative to the Social Committee, Calendar Group and Club Advisory Committee, etc.
- Ensures all safety precautions are followed while performing duties.
- Any other responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
High school diploma or equivalency required. Associates degree in business or hospitality preferred.
Three (3) to five (5) years of business experience preferred, including event planning. Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required. Effective written and verbal communication.
Intermediate command of computer hardware/software is required; specifically, knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher and Outlook. Experience in maintaining a website is desired.
Multiple language fluency is desirable, but not necessary.
Travel and availability requirements:
May be required to travel for training sessions off-site on an ad-hoc basis. May be occasionally required to cover for staff at other communities within a reasonable commuting distance if needed.
Ability to lift 50 lbs.; Work in an upright standing or sitting position for long periods of time. Handle, grasp and lift objects and packages; extensive use of fingers for typing and visual use of the computer monitor. Reach with hands and arms. Communicate, receive and exchange ideas and information by means of the spoken and written word. Ability to quickly and easily navigate the property/building as required to meet the job functions. Complete all required forms.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The majority of work will be completed indoors in a temperature-controlled environment with little to moderate noise levels. May require outdoor site visits on an occasional basis.
Disclaimer: This is not an all-inclusive job description. In addition, management has the right to change any portion of this job description at any time and for any reason.