Does it excite you to find the right words to reach the target audience?
Do you enjoy developing a communications plan that shapes a brand?
Do you want to work for an organization that makes a difference in the lives of the poor and abandoned?
If so, then we want to meet you. The Missionary Oblates of Mary Immaculate are specialists of difficult missions. Our 3,500 priests and brothers help the poor and abandoned in the United States and 70 countries around the world.
Our nonprofit mission development and fundraising office, located in Belleville, Illinois, and San Antonio, Texas, raises donations for the Missionary Oblates so they can carry out their work.
We are seeking a seasoned full-time Copywriter. This is a salaried (exempt) position.
- Generate concepts and ideas for campaigns with other members of the creative team that create successful fundraising initiatives.
- Interview Missionary Oblates priests, brothers and staff to learn and write about their missions.
- Write a wide variety of communications for fundraising campaigns: primarily direct mail, but also website, email campaigns, social media, videos, magazines, and newsletters.
- Adhere to deadlines.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications or Marketing Communications
- 5+ years' of copywriting experience with emphasis on creativity and persuasive writing relating to fundraising
- Preference will be given to candidates with a minimum of 2 years of experience writing for a non-profit organization
- Ad agency experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the Catholic faith
- Knowledge of AP Style
If you are interested, along with your resume, please submit non-returnable writing samples:
· Direct mail piece
· Social media post
· Link to a video
· Any piece that you are particularly proud of