GreenBiz Group is a fast-growing media and events company that accelerates a just transition to a clean economy. Through events that galvanize, stories that amplify, and peer networks that bond, we define markets and advance opportunities at the intersection of business, technology, and sustainability. We are a passionate team that builds and empowers communities to confront the threats of climate change and solve the thorniest challenges of our time.
Are you passionate about our living planet and ready to confront the intertwined crises of nature loss, climate change, and inequality?
GreenBiz Group seeks a (Senior) Nature Analyst to join our collaborative and committed team. The Analyst will work to grow and nurture the emerging community of professionals advancing private-sector initiatives to protect, regenerate, and sustainably manage natural resources. This includes supporting the design, launch, and growth of a new GreenBiz product portfolio. Through events, peer networks, analysis, and strategic partnerships, we aim to help businesses understand nature-based risks and opportunities and act on their impacts and dependencies.
This role will report to the Director and Senior Analyst, Nature, and Food Systems, and collaborate closely with other GreenBiz analysts. Beyond the responsibilities outlined below, additional duties may emerge as business needs for this position evolve and as the Analyst helps shape the company’s work on this new topic.
Overall compensation (base salary + discretionary bonus) for this role will be provided commensurate with years of experience and qualifications within the following range: $90,000 - $120,000 (Analyst), $120,000 - $170,000 (Senior Analyst), plus health and wellness benefits.
In collaboration with the Director and Senior Analyst, Nature, and Food Systems:
Lead program development, execution, and associated activities at a new GreenBiz event focused on nature and biodiversity.
- Define the scope and focus of the breakout program and develop content accordingly, including building and facilitating sessions, tutorials, and workshops. Identify, recruit, and manage partners, moderators, and speakers to bring content to life.
- Establish an advisory board and engage with new audiences to support the strategic growth of the event and community it serves.
- Develop creative event building blocks that help sustainability professionals come together in new and meaningful ways, including innovative session formats, excursions, and other experiences.
Develop GreenBiz’s nature work and your voice as a thought leader by supporting the launch and delivery of a newsletter alongside other digital products.
- Stay current on news, trends, announcements, policies, and investments shaping business action on nature and adjacent topics.
- Collaborate with the GreenBiz Editorial team to launch a new nature newsletter and serve as a co-author.
- Contribute additional articles to GreenBiz.com and host webcasts where feasible and helpful.
Shape GreenBiz’s strategic position in nature and biodiversity and help develop and execute a strategy to grow its influence.
- Become embedded in the nature and biodiversity landscape, understanding where gaps exist and how GreenBiz can grow its value to the community.
- Evaluate and spearhead new products and offerings that are strategic to the company and community, including peer networks, additional events, and digital content.
- Get deep into the sector and spread the word about GreenBiz’s commitment to this space. Identify and engage in high-value speaking and media opportunities. Forge strategic partnerships with key organizations. Represent us at industry events. Write op-eds and speak on podcasts.
Support the broader GreenBiz team's success.
- Establish strong relationships with other teams across the company, including marketing, sales, and operations, to enable the seamless delivery of the nature product portfolio, elevate its visibility, and grow strategic sponsorships and high-value thought leadership opportunities for our community.
- Contribute to programming at other events, including in-person events (Circularity, GreenBiz, GreenFin, VERGE) and online events (VERGE Net Zero, VERGE Electrify).
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- 3-8 years of relevant experience working on nature conservation, regeneration, or sustainable management in the private sector, media, government, academia, or a non-profit.
- Breadth and depth of knowledge and interest in critical issues driving nature loss, including land and water use, pollution, natural resource exploitation, and climate change.
- Understanding of the leading stakeholders, frameworks, policies, and emerging technologies offering solutions to align positive outcomes for nature with those of people and businesses.
- Ideally, you bring a strong existing network with leading businesses and other organizations in this industry.
About GreenBiz Group
GreenBiz offers a remote culture that is collaborative, hardworking and fun. Our team is spread across the USA; however, we also have a small office located in the heart of downtown Oakland, California. Please include a cover letter and resume when applying and familiarize yourself with our website at www.greenbiz.com
We offer a competitive employee benefits package including:
- Full medical and dental benefits
- Retirement savings options
- Generous holiday schedule
- Discretionary paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Two paid volunteer days per year
- Reimbursement for home office expenses
- Employee stock option plan
GreenBiz Group requires new hires to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 for onsite and remote roles. GreenBiz Group provides reasonable accommodations consistent with legal requirements unless it results in undue hardship for the business. Additional information will be provided during the hiring process.
Equal Employment Opportunity
GreenBiz Group values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQIA+ individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents, and veterans to apply. GreenBiz Group is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will not be discriminated against because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state, or federal laws.