Open Position: Learning and Development Content Specialist
Reports To: Director of Learning and Development
'HST Pathways is on a mission to transform healthcare with innovative software technology that enables surgery centers to provide more cost-efficient patient care and better outcomes. Our suite of solutions spans the entire case lifecycle, including scheduling, care coordination, clinical documentation, and revenue cycle. Backed by Bain Capital, we are the fastest growing ASC software company and serve over 1,100 surgery centers, but we’re just getting started and have plans to 10X the value we offer. However, our big ambitions are only as strong as the team behind them, which is why we’re looking to build our team with the best.
What we’re looking for
The Learning and Development Content Specialist will be in a unique position to contribute to the design, development, and growth of the Learning & Development initiatives for both external clients and internal teams to support desired business outcomes. This position will collaborate with various stakeholders to design and develop, manage, and distribute multimedia content in various platforms. The L&D Content Specialist will be creative, proficient, and highly motivated in creating and maintaining all new and existing training materials in a variety of formats.
- Produce end-user documentation, training guides, digital media content, and training modules as it applies to our products and operations for both new and existing clients (internal and external).
- Produce and maintain educational materials in a variety of formats including print, graphics, audio, video, animation, and multimedia to support ongoing education.
- Break down complex, technical processes into simple, logical steps to help customers learn how to use our software and be successful in their job.
- Create content for a variety of platforms including our website, LMS, blog, and newsletter.
- Manage our HST Community portal website.
- Maintain an inventory of all documentation.
- Research content and consumer trends, develop content strategies, and create content in both print and digital media.
- Proofread and edit content before publishing.
- Work closely with implementation, product, design, and marketing teams to ensure that the content is relevant, engaging and consistent across all platforms.
- Take initiative to be innovative and creative with content design and training facilitation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Preferably in literature, journalism, marketing, communications, or similar.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to write documentation and user guides for various audiences.
- Adept with a variety of multimedia platforms including Adobe Connect, Photoshop, multimedia software packages (LearnUpon/Articulate/Salesforce Experience), digital video editing (Screencast, Vimeo etc.), and other production tools.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word, and Excel)
- Experience with file maintenance, file share structure, and best practices.
- Visual design skills and experience with web design, branding, and graphic design.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and detailed oriented.
- Excellent time management skills and agile to meet targeted completion dates.
- Team oriented with desire to collaborate cross functional and within a team environment.
- We go beyond the expected. We strive to be the difference in everything we do and look for ways to innovate and deliver beyond expectations.
- We thrive through collaboration. We invest in our team and take pride in the success of others.
- We strive to make a positive impact. We are passionate our work and leverage our collective creativity and industriousness to make big things happen
- We sharpen and share our expertise. We aspire to learn, grow, and share knowledge.
- We love the journey. We never lose sight of the fact that we’re contributing to building a new model of healthcare delivery.
- Health benefits paid for employee
- Unlimited vacation policy
- 401K with matching up to 2% of salary
- Professional development funding (courses, workshops, books)
- Hybrid office model. Offices in Lafayette (CA), Irvine (CA), and Nashville (TN)
- Awesome teammates!
HST Pathways celebrates diversity and is steadfast in fostering an inclusive work environment where employees feel valued, respected, and engaged. We champion and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is instinctive and fuels innovation, connection, and a strong sense of “One Team”. HST is deeply committed to representing and reflecting the unique experiences, perspectives, and viewpoints of our employees, customers, and the communities we serve.