Marc JacobsInternational, powered bythe creative genius of Marc Jacobs, seeks aManager, Global Training and Development to join the Human Resources team based in itsNew York City (SoHo) headquarters.
As part of a quickly growing team, the Manager of Global Training & Development supports and executes the learning, development and communication strategies that align with the business objectives and long-term vision of the company.
They develop, design, administer and measure the effectiveness of global training programs, with a focus on the retail employee. They are responsible for creating and executing all in-store training tools as they relate to product, selling and personal development. An ability to work efficiently with collaborators and execute projects based on strategic direction is key.
They develop and implement internal communication strategies to ensure unified and consistent messaging that promotes brand identity and mission. They manage the cascade of information across regions, that positively represent the organization.
They are passionate about the fashion space and have experience in the selling/client experience. Flexibility and initiating creative collaboration between cross-functional partners are essential to help support the brand’s creation of innovative learning tools, and to establish strong communication processes. Critical thinking, attention to detail, and excellent communication skills in all forms are required.
- Co-lead and execute the development, design and facilitation of all training programs (in-person, virtual and digital) across the global retail teams
- Participate in strategy and launch of digital training platform
- Meet and partner with key stakeholders to gather all necessary information to execute all tools accurately and efficiently
- Serve as trusted resource and consultant to ensure alignment between training and retail teams
- Build positive working relationships to understand cross-functional and regional partner needs, ensuring buy-in and alignment
- Research new methods and creative solutions for innovative programs to improve in-store learning/training process and overall client experience
- Manage existing internal communications programs including the Intranet, monthly newsletter, Town Halls, ad hoc company-wide updates and leadership announcements
- Communicate proactively with teams outside of HR to consolidate information on upcoming events, launches and initiatives
- Support internal and external awareness of key events and changes in the organization including new product launches, local and global community service, and other topics of interest
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in training and development, retail preferred
- Proven track record of creating effective retail learning strategies and content
- Knowledge of digital learning trends/Learning Management Systems
- Experience in communications field
- Experience working cross-functionally and building relationships with employees across the organization
- Strategic organizational skills
- Strong facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic design knowledge a plus
- Agile, with the ability to multi-task and manage time well
SALARY & BENEFITS/WHAT WE OFFER:
The compensation for this position ranges from $85,000 - $120,000(annually). The rate of pay offered will be dependent upon candidate’s relevant skills and experience. In addition, we offer our employees a comprehensive benefits package including paid holidays, vacation time, sick and personal time, medical, dental and vision insurance, and 401k matching. We also offer discounts on travel, entertainment, and more through our partnership with PerkSpot. MJ employees also receive discounts on MJ products throughout the year, as well as access to discounts on other LVMH brands.
ABOUT MARC JACOBS
For nearly 40 years, Marc Jacobs has been a driving force in fashion with his philosophy: pioneering designs, an irreverent spirit, the everyday and the extraordinary. Today, the brand continues to make its Marc as rebellious, unpredictable, and original.
Our work is founded on our core brand pillars: unexpected, utilitarian, urban, unisex, and unique. NYC in design and spirit, our teams thrive off relentless authenticity, an openness to standing out, and inclusivity for all.
Marc Jacobs International was founded on Marc’s vision of celebrating uniqueness and being Perfect as You Are. We are committed to building an equitable and inclusive culture that values diversity of thought, background, and experience – all essential to our spirit of innovation and creativity. In line with this commitment, we believe that the best candidate may be one who comes from a less traditional background or may meet the qualifications in different ways. We encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the listed qualifications.
Marc Jacobs International is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment regardless of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, veteran status, national origin, religion, disability, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.