The Marketing Specialist is responsible for promoting Strike through internal and external communications, community/public relations, and events. This full-time role will require internal communication with all parts of Strike, while also working with external creative and retained consultants.
Additionally, this role would provide key direction and development in the areas of marketing content, collateral material, social media management, andinternal communications, including employee-focused content and intranet/extranet content writing. To that, this role would be the primary lead on various company events, such as Strike’s Rodeo involvement for customer support. Their activities world would require work with a variety of media and content communication platforms such as copywriting, publication coordination, media relations, and videography with both internal and external resources.
These responsibilities are for Strike and all subsidiaries. This role reports directly to the Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing, and is based in Spring, Texas.
- Content Development and Writing
- Development and management of all internal and external communications including copywriting, proofreading, editing, revising and delivery of all communications. Examples of communications includes internal communications about key company events (Campaign for Change) or work products (Weekly Wins), executive bios; corporate newsletter content, social media content (LinkedIn), etc.
- Development and management of sales support materials such as brochures, testimonials, company apparel.
- Prepare briefing materials according to scheduling and logistics as needed for executive team for meetings, events and speaking engagements.
- Managing internal communications in coordination with internal teams – StrikeNet content, internal memos, newsletters etc.
- Process and manage incoming requests for information from media outlets.
- Community Involvement
- Community Engagement in partnership with the Sales Team and the Campaign for Change team, including photography, media releases and speaking opportunities.
- Coordinate donations and sponsorships in partnership with the Sales Team and the Campaign for Change team. This would include collection of solicitations; review of options and previous participation; activation of assets; and maintaining the Donations and Sponsorship listing.
- Develop, maintain and manage annual budget.
- Client Hospitality & Engagement
- Organize and support client events to increase awareness and knowledge of services. This could be supported through external activities with clients like the Houston Rodeo.
- Support the Sales Team with events and industry/customer sponsorship opportunities, primarily through preparation and support, including the need to attend the various events (infrequent).
- Company Events
- Develop, execute and manage company events, including annual teambuilding activities, holiday events and annual meetings.
- Collaboration with various other business units to develop and design all assets and elements.
- Develop and manage budgets for all events, providing a comprehensive annual budget for all.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 years of Marketing or Communications.
- Strong writing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Working knowledge andproven track record of success with electronic communication channels and software, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Microsoft Office Suite, Visio and Project.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Accuracy, timeliness, tact, problem-solving skills, and ability to work effectively with both employees and managers.
- Exercise sound judgment, take the initiative, be flexible and cooperative.
- Respect for confidentiality concerning customer information and company records.
- Convey a positive and professional image to customers and peers and work well under pressure.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, talk, and hear.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Willingness and flexibility to occasionally travel/represent the company at external events held during the day or evening.
- Complies with Company policies and procedures.
- Eligible to work in the United States.