Digital Campaigns Manager
URGE plays a unique and critical role as a reproductive justice organization that engages young people and catalyzes their power to fight for the ability of all people to build the families they want, access the healthcare they need, and to live and love in a way that’s true to who they are. Working with young people ages 18-30, and the leadership of young people of color, women, queer, trans, and nonbinary folks, and people of low-income, URGE provides training, field mobilization and national leadership to move policy, systemic, and cultural change.
At the core of URGE’s mission are our values, commitment to justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion, disrupting anti-Blackness and dismantling white supremacy. We seek candidates whose values are aligned with those of our organization.
URGE seeks an experienced, creative Digital Campaigns Manager who is passionate about Reproductive Justice and organizing young people, particularly BIPOC, immigrants, people with low-incomes, and LGBTQIA+ young people.
Working in partnership with our Communications Program, as well as URGE’s Field, Integrated Voter Engagement, and Policy teams, the Digital Campaigns Manager will develop and implement URGE’s digital organizing, mobilization, and voter engagement strategies; expand URGE’s digital capacity, train URGE members and staff on digital tools and tactics; and promote URGE’s work across a variety of platforms including email, Hustle, and Reach.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled organizer, effective collaborator, and compelling communicator with a keen eye for detail; passionate about data and analytics; familiar and comfortable with digital outreach tools and email platforms, including EveryAction, Hustle, BallotReady, VAN, Mobilize and Reach; and highly motivated in a fast-paced environment.
This is a remote position with a preference for someone in AL, TX, GA, OH, KS, or CA. Candidates must be able to drive, have reliable personal transportation and the ability to travel to organizing sites across the state. Candidates must be prepared to work from a home office with equipment provided by URGE.
This is a full-time exempt position that reports to the Communications Director.
• Develop and implement URGE email campaigns using EveryAction, including structuring A/B tests, scheduling deliveries, reporting results, and designing interventions.
• Write compelling emails, texts, and other content as needed that supports URGE campaigns, conveys key messages, develops relationships with URGE supporters, and advances their engagement. • Manage URGE’s digital outreach including EveryAction, Hustle, BallotReady, VAN, Mobilize and Reach.
• Develop and implement URGE’s digital voter engagement program under the guidance of the IVE Director and staff.
• Interpret and apply analytics to grow URGE’s digital audience by measuring the effectiveness of each campaign and reporting on results with clear, actionable insights.
• Partner with Data Manager to support the design and maintenance of URGE’s database and other digital tools.
• Provide digital training and support to program staff.
• Support Development team’s individual giving efforts with emails.
• Coordinate with Policy and Field teams to create digital campaigns around voting and legislation at the state and federal level.
• Work with State Coordinators to develop and execute digital campaigns; collect and interpret data; and set benchmarks for success.
• Stay abreast of digital innovations and identify new ways to use digital outreach to shift the cultural conversation about abortion and Reproductive Justice.
• Help design and implement systems that build URGE Members’ digital capacity.
• Develop and regularly distribute URGE newsletter uplifting URGE investment states, media placements, and current events on reproductive justice issues
• Work with Communications Coordinator to develop cohesive digital and social campaigns and analyze results
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong commitment to reproductive, gender, and racial justice; to the rights of all individuals to make their own decisions about sexual and reproductive health; and to government’s responsibility to defend and support those rights
• Commitment to reproductive and gender justice, abortion access for all, queer and trans liberation, building young people’s political power, and dismantling white supremacy.
• Commitment to co-creating a work environment that is just, equitable, and inclusive to all, including Black, Indigenous, and other people of color, LGBTQIA+ people, women, and people with disabilities.
• 3-5 years of progressively responsible digital campaigns experience
• Experience as a Field Organizer/Canvasser is strongly preferred.
• Strong project management skills and facility with project planning.
• Previous experience in organizing, canvassing, mobilizing, or training diverse audiences on Reproductive Justice issues.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills and the ability to translate these to email, text, and ad copy.
• Comfort with EveryAction, MailChimp, or similar email platforms.
• Familiarity with voter engagement strategy.
• Knowledge of social media platforms and use.
• Knowledge of digital voter tools such as BallotReady, VAN, and Mobilize
• Relational organizing skills
• A passion for tracking and analyzing data.
• Strong knowledge of current issues and trends for young, progressive people.
• Ability to work respectfully with people of diverse backgrounds, including people of color and queer, transgender, and nonbinary people.
• A passion for reproductive, racial, gender, and economic justice.
• A commitment to building power with and for young people, particularly young BIPOC, LGBTQIA+ people, immigrants, low-income people, and people living in the South and Midwest.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks with attention to detail.
Salary: $72,000 annually with excellent benefits, including health and dental coverage for staff fully paid by URGE. Because of the differences in cost of living based on location, URGE utilizes location in determining salary, among many factors.
To Apply: Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Please state "Digital Campaigns Manager” on the subject line. Incomplete applications will NOT be considered. Please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
URGE is an equal opportunity employer. People of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender people and those with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.