A leading Architecture & Design house that works in niche design areas with a selective global clientele. They have been in business for over 50 years and have won many prestigious awards including the National AIA Architecture Firm Award. They have been consistently recognized on the AD100 and were named in the Top Ten Most Innovative Companies in Architecture by Fast Company for two years in a row.
We are seeking aCommunications Coordinatorto support the firm’s strategic public relations and communications efforts.
The communications coordinator will work in close collaboration with the firm’s public relations and communications director, communications manager and an external PR firm to generate, track and report new media opportunities and to document the firm’s people, practice, and culture through written, visual and experiential media.
- Narrative Content Creation
- Write and edit new communications copy, including interview content, project descriptions, and team member biographies
- Assist in preparing graphic and written materials to respond to media requests
- Maintain digital library of communications content
- Update content in online media outlets
- Generate written content for social media and website, as well as future strategic initiatives including a firm newsletter
- Support award submissions by working closely with project leaders and graphic design team to develop narrative and visual elements
- Additional ad hoc assignments, including letters of support, copy for internal and external books, case studies, and other marketing materials
- Public Relations
- Coordinate logistics for photography and videography documentation (site and vendor research, shot lists, call sheets, extras, travel logistics and scheduling)
- Coordinate logistics, tracking, and reporting of opportunities and coverage in collaboration with external PR firm
- Prepare research and media briefing documents for upcoming interviews
- Conduct research into new media and communication outlets
- Track, record, and report incoming media coverage
- Maintain physical library of books and publications featuring the firm’s work
- Additional Marketing/Communications
- Planning and logistics support for special events, lectures, editor visits, project site tours, book launches, award juries, panel discussions and public presentations
REQUIRED SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Marketing, Business, Journalism, English or a related field plus
- 2 to 4 years of directly applicable work experience
- Strong writing skills and experience with communications coordination
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and social media/web platforms (WordPress, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn).
NICE TO HAVE
- Experience in the AEC (architecture/engineering/construction) or design industries a plus.
At the time of posting this job, the hiring range for this position in Seattle is between $70,000 and $75,000 annually. Final salary decisions are made based upon the candidate’s education and experience and considering internal equity and external market factors.
All applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship and must already possess long-term work authorization